Popular Tags: mmp [+] [View All]
Hans Kishel
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is all just possiblities at this point but I thought I would post this to try to get some interest so that they will produce the games.

All of this info comes from Consim world posts.

For Civil War regimental series - South Mountain is ready to go soon.

For SCS - Rock of Marne

For TCS - GD'42 is getting close to done. Also work has begun on an update of Bloody Omaha, with expanded map area covering the entire area of the 29th division. This will be a monster game and I am very excited to see this one.

For OCS - Dean is get finished up with Case Blue. Might be ready for pre-order by the end of the year.

John Kisner's Baltic Storm is getting close to complete. I got to play this a bit at Origins this year and this game was very fun, can't wait for this one.

Also there is work being done on a smaller OCS game covering the Levant.

Italy for OCS is also in the works.

There is also a planned game for covering the Fall Yellow operations in France 1940. But the designer for this one is a bit 'off' so we will see

I am sure I am missing some of the projects but this is what I could remember and what I am excited about right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Up Front? cough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Pitcavage
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have been expecting for some time for MMP to put up for pre-order the ASL scenario/action pack "Few Returned," which features 3 maps and 12 scenarios (9 of which deal with Italians on the East Front, and 3 of which are Italian-German actions in the vicinity of Rome on Sept 8-9 1943).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmw23 wrote:
How about Up Front? cough...

Is this actually still going? I've heard only rumors, but isn't it far overdue to be a reality?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hkishel wrote:

For SCS - Rock of Marne

What's this one about?

Quote:

For TCS - GD'42 is getting close to done. Also work has begun on an update of Bloody Omaha, with expanded map area covering the entire area of the 29th division. This will be a monster game and I am very excited to see this one.

I was hoping for some more smaller TCS game (But not too small). Oh well.

Quote:

For OCS - Dean is get finished up with Case Blue. Might be ready for pre-order by the end of the year.

Another massive east front OCS game.

Quote:

John Kisner's Baltic Storm is getting close to complete. I got to play this a bit at Origins this year and this game was very fun, can't wait for this one.

I like the look of this one! Seems to be the most manageable of the east front OCS games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Rytty
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Baltic Storm sounds too good to be true. It looks like an east front OCS-title which I could actually play without VASSAL or cyberboard. Case Blue sounds interesting in theory, but how many gamers can actually set all those maps and play the game? Well, it might be a real blast with VASSAL...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How large are Case Blue and Baltic Storm?

I know that Case Blue has at least 4 maps, and Baltic Storm has 2, but approximately how many counters do each of them have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kishel
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock of Marne - I believe is another WWI game for SCS.

Number of pieces for Baltic Storm is around 3 counter sheets so about 840 counters if I am right about there being 3 counter sheets and 280 counters per sheet.

I do not think that Omaha is the only game in the works for TCS, but it is one I would like to see.

And see I did forget things, like Pitman's ASL pack, Upfront, and Panzerblitz II or is it leader... and and and so many other great games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty excited that they're publishing a 2nd edition of the old SPI fantasy wargame, Swords and Sorcery.

Although I guess it doesn't count as a possible game requiring buyer interest, since their website said it's currently in playtesting and will be available for pre-order soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read that the new Panzerblitz is nearly ready for pre-order too. The first game will focus on the Brits in Normandy fighting for Hill 112 (near Caen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Wilkinson

Colorado
msg tools
mb
Kenfeldman wrote:
I thought I read that the new Panzerblitz is nearly ready for pre-order too. The first game will focus on the Brits in Normandy fighting for Hill 112 (near Caen).

Is this discussed on consimworld anywhere? The PB/BL/AIR folder actually appears to be talk about the old games.

The MMP company folder, perhaps?

Are big changes afoot? The game would seem to have aged quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
badge
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
To myself: Calm down, calm down...

You know Hans, I would just be thankful if they would at least finish one of the games I have pre-ordered for QUIET SOME TIME and not thinking about putting "more" games in a pre-order-state.

Since I pre-ordered from GMT and MMP, nearly starting at the same time (GMT 3 month later) I received:
GMT: 6 games (all good ones)
MMP: 0 games but bought "Shifting Sands".

I would like to support MMP with my pre-orders but since they seem to be not interested in my money it's fine for me to spend it otherwise.

The games you named - thinking that they would be attached at the end of the pre-order list - I assume I will reach 50 before they come out. And sorry, I can't do 10-year-commitments while the job situation is not so sure over a time-span like this.

When I read that they will do a new reprint of "Swords & Sorcery" I wanted instantly to pre-order it, but then I realized that it will be at least 10 years from now on before I might see it.

Some of the titles you mentioned look interesting but I'm sure before they come out other publishers will look at the battle / theme and will have a game IN PRINT before any of these MAYBE show up. So thanks for the information (really) but, as said, I would prefer to see some pre-order games IN PRINT before lengthening the list again. yuk

To those (not you, Hans) who always tell you to support a company by pre-ordering otherwise you should shut up and not complain I have one question:

What to do when you faithfully pre-order but no game shows up? Do they really think I will give them my new CC - data after this one is expired (which will be at the end of next year)? I even didn't get a game until now... shake

Sorry folks, when I listened to P2P (the interview with the MMP official) and I hear statements like "we highly evaluate our customers, especially those who faithfully pre-order" I feel like being in fairy - land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Jonathan, the artist who did the layout for Shifting Sands was supposed to begin work on the art for Up Front once Shifting Sands was published. This was mentioned on ConsimWorld back in February and confirmed in June... but there otherwise has been no real report of the status of, or projected scheduling for, Up Front.

Lance, Panzerblitz 2 was discussed in the MMP/Gamers company support folder in the Game Company Support Forum earlier this month. The announcement that it will soon go onto pre-order was made in message #42348 (which included some sample counter art):

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@112.8dNnc35Dq0M.26@.ee6d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
One of these days Brian will actually mention CRUCIBLE OF COURAGE, a company-level game using my Civil War Tactical System (for which the acronym, CWTS - pronounce it - is marvelously mellifluous)

CRUCIBLE is an advanced version of my LOUISIANA TIGERS game, which won Best DTP Game in , what, 2005? . . .for whatever that is worth. It is almost finished . . . but seems to be in the Stealth Marketing Mode.

It contains (or will contain) 5 scenarios: the opening moments of South Mountain, the two battles on James Island (Charleston, 1862 and 1862 . . .I got to do on site research), Athens (Missouri, not Greece . . . and try and find that one in the ORs) and, hopefully, Little Round Top. All at company level.

Oh, and OMAHA has been withdrawn by the Designer.

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kishel
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BergBROG wrote:
One of these days Brian will actually mention CRUCIBLE OF COURAGE, a company-level game using my Civil War Tactical System (for which the acronym, CWTS - pronounce it - is marvelously mellifluous)

CRUCIBLE is an advanced version of my LOUISIANA TIGERS game, which won Best DTP Game in , what, 2005? . . .for whatever that is worth. It is almost finished . . . but seems to be in the Stealth Marketing Mode.

Oh, and OMAHA has been withdrawn by the Designer. RHB

Sorry Richard and others, when I wrote this I was mostly looking at the Gamers line of games as that was what I had just read about on Consim. I am looking forward the CWTS and have the two versions of it that are already out. I do hope that your game is put up for pre-order soon.

Omaha withdrawn? I just read that someone was going to be helping out with it. Now this is the remake of the second TCS game from the Gamers.

As to the complants about long preorder times for MMP titles I do understand peoples concerns and gripes about this. I have had to wait a long time for some games as well. The one thing that I will say is that when a Gamers game goes up on preorder it is almost always ready to go, of course there still can be delays, but for the most part when it hits it's p-number it is ready.

I knew I missed a bunch of games that had been announced, and to everyone who's favorite I missed or project I missed I apologize. Mostly I was trying to get some word out on games that I am close to (the OCS series).

I do like the games that MMP produces and I wish that they could come out faster, but in the end for me at least it is more that they come out rather than they come out fast.

hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Yes, the MMP company folder. They had some examples of the counters and were asking for peoples opinions on them. It generated a lot of comments.

It looks like there are 4 ratings on the counters, just like the old system. Comments on the board indicated that the rules will be similar to the old system with a chit-pull activation system to add some Command and Control elements.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

It contains (or will contain) 5 scenarios: the opening moments of South Mountain, the two battles on James Island (Charleston, 1862 and 1862 . . .I got to do on site research), Athens (Missouri, not Greece . . . and try and find that one in the ORs) and, hopefully, Little Round Top. All at company level.

Oh, and OMAHA has been withdrawn by the Designer.

RHB

Okay, I'm still excited about a new edition of Swords and Sorcery, but this game is definitely a close second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Wilkinson

Colorado
msg tools
mb
Kenfeldman wrote:
Quote:

Yes, the MMP company folder. They had some examples of the counters and were asking for peoples opinions on them. It generated a lot of comments.

Thanks, Ken, I took a look:

counter samples:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@335.nphXc1uQqgF.66@.ee6d...

Map sample:
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@335.nphXc1uQqgF.72@.ee6d...

So, what do you think? I dunno...I guess there the simplicity of the game has some appeal, but it seems like a crowded market. There's ASL, ASL SK's, ATS, Lock N'Load (the samples resemble this game's counters, Combat Commander, and Panzer Grenadier.

None of those are exactly like a PB w/chit pull activation, but still, that's a lot of tacsims, with a couple of good "simpler" games to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I'll get the new Panzerblitz. Panzergrenadier fills that niche for me, and I already have Beyond Normandy, the game in the PG series that covers the same actions as Hill 112 will cover.

I think it's a "try before you buy" game. While the original Panzerblitz sold something like 200,000 copies, the wargame market is much smaller and more fragmented than it was 35 years ago. I think it will probably sell a lot of copies because of nostalgia though.

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard H. Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Sorry . . .I was referring to the wrong OMAHA game. The one that has been withdrawn applies to GMT, not here.

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kishel
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
whew.....I am glad you were talking about a different game Richard. I would have been very sad if the remake of the TCS Omaha game was killed just as it started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Kishel
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One more bit of OCS news, there is also talk of reprinting GBII and putting it up at the same time as Case Blue on the pre-order.

Now you do not need to own GBII to play Case Blue as all the pieces from GBII that are need are going to be included but you can combine the two games the make a really huge game with GBII and Case Blue.

Also it might be that the revised maps from EatG will be included in Case Blue rather then selling them seperately.

This all makes me happy that people who do not own the other out of print games can just buy Case Blue and will have a complete game which is more like two games in one because you get the expanded and updated Ennemy at the Gates (EatG). But there might also be another of the classic OCS games up for reprint at the same time (GBII).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.