Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Waits
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just downloaded the living rules.

Either an obvious error, or my ignorance: the name of the game is listed as "Command & Colors: Ancients" at the top of every page in the rules just as in my purchased 2e copy.

Additionally, I can find no version numer or date in the downloaded rules. I expected them to be tagged 2.1 or similar.

Finally, it'd be nice to have a Change History Appendix which show what changed in each version (which assumes they'll add a version number). Obviously, this would make it easier for users to adapt to new rules.

Thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
swaits wrote:

Finally, it'd be nice to have a Change History Appendix which show what changed in each version (which assumes they'll add a version number). Obviously, this would make it easier for users to adapt to new rules.

Thanks,
Steve

I was hoping that any changes or additions to the rules would be in red the way Columbia does when there are rules changes. To me, that would be easier than an appendix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
swaits wrote:

Thanks,
Steve

I was hoping that any changes or additions to the rules would be in red the way Columbia does when there are rules changes. To me, that would be easier than an appendix.

Changes are in blue. Only changes (from 2nd edition) appear to be in the terrain descriptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were extensive changes between the 1st and 2nd edition. The card list was removed, the scenarios were put in a seperate book, the rules for the additional unit types in the expansion were added, etc. The expansion will also have the new rules not in 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my second game of this ever last night. I printed out the second edition rulebook for reference and was disappointed to see the card list gone. Kind of a bummer for those who don't have the first edition rulebook, but then again the card list mostly just repeats the text on the cards. *shrug*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the card list was in the second edition rulebook, just not in the version online (for obvious reasons). Anyway, it's not needed since you have the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was useful knowing how many of each type of card there is-- the cards that there are only ONE of, for example, or the ones that have 2 or 3 or even 4 of. I know some people really care about stuff like that, and one guy I play with is very 'sensitive" to the idea that one player knows a lot more about the card mix than the other.

But I see that info is posted on the reference cards-- so in that sense it's even more useful for game play.
Good move there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing about the Living Rules...GMT will not release the updated Unit Reference sheet as a PDF.

I've emailed Richard Borg but got no reply. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:
Another thing about the Living Rules...GMT will not release the updated Unit Reference sheet as a PDF.

But you don't need it without the expansion, and it will be included there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how it is, Allen- they want it, even if they have no use for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawn_low wrote:

I've emailed Richard Borg but got no reply. cry

I want it just to see what tasty units are *in* the expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AllenDoum wrote:
shawn_low wrote:

But you don't need it without the expansion, and it will be included there.

What about those who aren't getting the expansion? Some of the newly released scenarios include the use of War Machines (details not on the 1st edn Unit Reference Sheet).

The way I look at it, if GMT can be bothered to released the living rules, scenarios book and extra scenarios, how HARD can it be to release the udated reference sheet???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.