Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: First Time In Captain's chair - starting jobs only from harkin and amnon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Henke
msg tools
Hi,

I have a question about "First Time In Captain's chair".

It says "When taking starting jobs, only take a job from Harkin and Amnon Duul"

Does that mean these are the only contacts for the entire game? Or do I use the other contacts and put 1 card for the other 3 their discard pile.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't start with anything from the other decks in the discard piles, but do use them throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Don't start with anything from the other decks in the discard piles, but do use them throughout the game.

Ok, subsequent question:

If you're only starting with these two, do you still take 5 jobs to choose from? Or just one each?

And if you do take 5, how do you decide 2 or 3 for the other one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

Ok, subsequent question:

If you're only starting with these two, do you still take 5 jobs to choose from? Or just one each?

And if you do take 5, how do you decide 2 or 3 for the other one?

just take 2.
and remember, you don't have to keep them if you don't want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Henke
msg tools
response from Gale Force Nine:

Hi Mike

You use all contacts during the game, but players only start with potential jobs from Harken & Duul, thus those are the only contacts that may start the game with cards in their discard pile. New captains have to prove their worth before underworld contacts will start offering them jobs right off the bat.

Players who choose to deal with the other three contacts will have to start Dealing with Contacts from the tops of their decks.

Peter Przekop
Gale Force Nine, LLC
A Battlefront Group Company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mikehenke wrote:
response from Gale Force Nine

Thanks for sharing the response. That is consistent with what I assumed when I thought about it, but it did take a bit of thinking as the rules are a bit of a paper-chase requiring you to layer multiple rules on top of each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.