7 Posts

Citadels» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can other characters destroy district? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zi Lang Lim
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can other characters (not warlock) destroy other players district by paying the same amount of gold that cost it to build?
(sorry for bad english)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No they cannot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
If they could, this game would take a lot longer. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Only the player who has the Warlord has the ability to destroy a district on their turn (except for the target who has the character that protects their districts from being destroyed - I can't remember which character that is at the moment, though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That'll be the bishop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way a non Warlord character can destroy a building is through the use of a Dark City exp purple district... Armory/Powder House. The player discards that building from play/from their city to destroy another player's district, of which the attacking player doesn't have to be the Warlord, and the target player can also be the Bishop (so no protection there).

The Diplomat also causes a player to lose a building, but it technically gets exchanged in this case by something the Diplomat player has.

EDIT: Also, I've never played the Circus expansion, so don't know if there's a loophole there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zi Lang Lim
msg tools
mbmbmb
ok thanks guys, this make it clear now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.