Subject: Control sea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one At Sea box is adjacent to, for example, 3 enemy At Sea boxes, does it allow 3 die roll for control change ? One die roll for each adjacent enemy control box ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
If one At Sea box is adjacent to, for example, 3 enemy At Sea boxes, does it allow 3 die roll for control change ? One die roll for each adjacent enemy control box ?

Yes. I assume you mean during the case when an At Sea Box changes to or remains PRC-controlled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My exemple is if the Taiwan Straight is PRC controlled and there are 3 allied controlled boxes adjacent ( ryukyu, east china and central approach).

Do the allies can have 3 die roll to attempt to control taiwan straight ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
My exemple is if the Taiwan Straight is PRC controlled and there are 3 allied controlled boxes adjacent ( ryukyu, east china and central approach).

Do the allies can have 3 die roll to attempt to control taiwan straight ?

Good thing I mentioned my assumption because that changes the answer to no. You get only one roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to be clear: can it re rolled for twice in different steps of the same turn?

Say Taiwan Straits was adjacent to an allied controlled East China Sea. Taiwan Straits say as a result of the first roll becomes Allied controlled.
Then in the next step, the South China Sea remains PRC controlled, so Taiwan Straits is adj. to it, so does it get rolled for again in this next step?

And, if the PRC used CM as area denial drms for the first roll, does it get the same drm for the second, or does it have to spend CMs again for drms?

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a quick follow-up, as can't find it.

The control chart gives a beneficial drm if a naval unit is in a corresponding at sea or inshore box.
What about naval units in an All Sea hex on the main map. I assume they give also a drm, as essentially it is just a more detailed version of the Inshore box on the naval display for some of the land areas that simply don't need a detailed map, thus the concept of the inshore box?

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hreschreiter wrote:
And a quick follow-up, as can't find it.

The control chart gives a beneficial drm if a naval unit is in a corresponding at sea or inshore box.
What about naval units in an All Sea hex on the main map. I assume they give also a drm, as essentially it is just a more detailed version of the Inshore box on the naval display for some of the land areas that simply don't need a detailed map, thus the concept of the inshore box?

Many thanks

Answering this first: no, they give no benefit. They're too close to land to affect anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hreschreiter wrote:
So to be clear: can it re rolled for twice in different steps of the same turn?

Say Taiwan Straits was adjacent to an allied controlled East China Sea. Taiwan Straits say as a result of the first roll becomes Allied controlled.
Then in the next step, the South China Sea remains PRC controlled, so Taiwan Straits is adj. to it, so does it get rolled for again in this next step?

And, if the PRC used CM as area denial drms for the first roll, does it get the same drm for the second, or does it have to spend CMs again for drms?

Many thanks

You only roll once: "If any At Sea Box becomes or remains PRC-controlled, roll for any adjacent At Sea Boxes which were Allied-controlled prior to the Sea Control step." [GSR 5.2.2]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh &)@£&@, the answer was in the last five words....

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.