Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all the companies selling games in the US using the same rates when shipping to Europe? Games in the US cost half or less of what I have to pay in Norway. But when ordering from the US, the shipping rates are always $30 dollars or more. The shipping cost more than the games I want to buy! Does anybody know about any company that ships to Europe at a lower price? Or are all shipping rates set by the US postal companies?
I want to buy cheap games from the US!

Thanks,
Tore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie DuBois
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not familiar with what rates the US retailers charge for shipping to Europe. However $30 for shipping a boxed game from the US to Europe doesn't sound unreasonable, as that's about what we pay to ship a game the reverse path from Europe to the US. Hopefully someone here can provide you with details more specific to your situation.

You might be able to save more money on your order, when you factor in shipping, by purchasing from Germany. http://www.playme.de/ is one place to look. This of course would only be useful if the games you want are language neutral and published in Germany.

Lastly, you might get the cost of shipping down per game by shipping several games in one package, i.e. buy several games from the same retailer. To do this you might wait until there are several games you want, or combine your order with other local gamers.

You may know this already, I just thought it was worth mentioning. Good luck with your purchases.

Julie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Till Bockemühl
Germany
Cologne
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also be interested in http://www.delayedreactions.de, an internet retailer based in Germany.

I just checked, and their shipping rates are quite reasonable. If you order games totalling €40 or less shipping is €13.80, ordering games totalling more than €40 shipping is €9.90. I think you also safe the VAT (which is 16%) since Norway is not a member of the European Union. And they accept PayPal, which might simplify the whole process.

Unfortunately their website is not very pretty, but their prices are low and the selection of games is very good. My last few orders were from Delayed Reactions and I can't complain. Just try and write them, they seem to be quite responsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wills
Australia
Panania
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.boardsandbits.com charges USPS rates plus a flat fee ($4 USD I think). You can use http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=... to estimate postage costs.

Many of the other providers use couriers which are more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for helping me out. I have checked them all out, and they`re all interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raindog
Norway
Elverum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered Il Principe from Playme.de, and hey only charged me 8 Euros for the shipping. That`s cheaper than from stores in my own country!
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks,
Tore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.