4 Posts

Flash Point: Fire Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hazmat hotspots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Whitelock
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Sorry if this has been answered - I couldn't find it.

When a hazmat explodes does the hotspot come from those placed on the board as a supply or are they extra ones from the box.
It mentions it specifically under Flare ups but not under Hazmat

Thanks in anticipation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JohnLW wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered - I couldn't find it.

When a hazmat explodes does the hotspot come from those placed on the board as a supply or are they extra ones from the box.
It mentions it specifically under Flare ups but not under Hazmat

Thanks in anticipation

From the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Agre
United States
Brainerd
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into this question last evening and I've been looking for this answer as well. Here was our situation.

Early in the game we had a hazmat explosion, I pulled a hot spot from our board supply and put it on that space. Three hazmat remained on the board.

Later in the game, we had exhausted the hot spot supply on the board and had another hazmat explosion. At this point, being unable to discern in the rules what we were supposed to do, I figured grabbing from the board was a mistake and replenished the board supply (back to one hot spot from the first explosion) and then put a new hot spot from the box on the space of the second explosion.

My thinking was this: With no hot spots available on the board, we could not complete the rules for a hazmat explosion, so perhaps they are not supposed to come from the board supply..

So.. if I was incorrect.. Do you skip that step when a hazmat explosion occurs once the supply has been depleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerival wrote:
We ran into this question last evening and I've been looking for this answer as well. Here was our situation.

Early in the game we had a hazmat explosion, I pulled a hot spot from our board supply and put it on that space. Three hazmat remained on the board.

Later in the game, we had exhausted the hot spot supply on the board and had another hazmat explosion. At this point, being unable to discern in the rules what we were supposed to do, I figured grabbing from the board was a mistake and replenished the board supply (back to one hot spot from the first explosion) and then put a new hot spot from the box on the space of the second explosion.

My thinking was this: With no hot spots available on the board, we could not complete the rules for a hazmat explosion, so perhaps they are not supposed to come from the board supply..

So.. if I was incorrect.. Do you skip that step when a hazmat explosion occurs once the supply has been depleted?

If a hazmat explodes and you have no more hotspots in the supply, skip that step; you don't have to place a hotspot down onto the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.