Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashton requested a “Rio Grande Game”, specifically eyeing the row of Alea titles on the shelf, claiming they are ‘neat’. Of course, I was more than happy to oblige and brought Reiner Knizia’s Taj Mahal to the table. I have always been a huge fan of Taj Mahal, but it hasn’t hit the table in quite some time. It was good to enjoy it once again. We were joined by Darren and R.J.

After a bit of time reviewing the rules, we progressed flawlessly. R.J. shot out to an early HUGE lead, based primarily on the strength of his palace connections and the use of the ‘+2’ special card. We were eventually able to wrest control of the card from him, but not before he had earned 8 points from its use.

I was once again aiming at collecting a variety of commodity chits and dominating the provinces. This began yielding significant points and I was able to catch and surpass R.J. entering the final two rounds. Unfortunately, I had used most of my cards in doing so and did not have the impressive array of connected palaces that he had. In the final two rounds, he was able to place several new palaces and score handsomely due to his connections. This proved enough to earn him the victory.

Finals: R.J. 51, Greg 46, Darren 34, Ashton 34

Ratings: Greg 8.5, Darren 8, R.J. 8, Ashton 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.