Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
April Weimer
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamers interested in abstract strategy games will find this game both interesting and challenging. Basic game play consists of five hallow rings placed on the gaming board and each player taking turns placing game pieces inside these rings. For each row of five game pieces in your color one hallow ring is removed. The first to remove three rings wins. Game play seems simple enough at first, but once it has commenced the intricacies of diagonal spaces and captured game pieces create challenging scenarios.

The first time I played I won one of six games and had a great time learning the methods of the game. This is a game that takes some practice to get used to playing and strategizing. On of the more intricate detail is that as game play continues and more pieces are removed from play you and your opponent has less to work with making the game more challenging. This helps to level the playing field in terms of the numbers advantage. Once the first person scores that results in the removal of five game pieces and one hallow ring of your opponents color.

Some reviewers have mentioned the idea that a handicap would be useful in game play. One idea would be that for more advanced players they have to remove additional rings before wining the game. This has the added benefit of making game play much more difficult for the advanced player. This also gives you several options to account for skill levels. In an instance where an advanced player is playing a beginner the beginner could remove three rings for the win, but the advanced player has to remove all five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having to remove more than 3 rings may get very difficult and change the game for the handicapped player.
I would rather suggest to reduce the number of rings to remove for the beginner: i.e. the beginner wins by removing 1 or 2 rings, while the handicapped player still has to remove 3 rings.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.