Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions:

1.) Will the training dummy visit/use the buildings that he buys? Once he leaves his player board, does he visit/use his line of buildings before hitting the center row or does he go directly to the center row?

2.) If a center row building provides the option of purchasing a building, does the training dummy do so if he can afford it? In other words, can the training dummy purchase buildings outside of visiting his own player board?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemonpips wrote:
1.) Will the training dummy visit/use the buildings that he buys? Once he leaves his player board, does he visit/use his line of buildings before hitting the center row or does he go directly to the center row?

2.) If a center row building provides the option of purchasing a building, does the training dummy do so if he can afford it? In other words, can the training dummy purchase buildings outside of visiting his own player board?

1. No. He goes from his board to the line of buildings between the players.

2. Yes. He buys whenever possible.

The nearest thing I can think of to an exception is when the dummy is on a building (e.g., Architectural Society) that lets him buys a building, and he buys the very building he's on. I believe that he would stay on that building as it went into his collection.

This won't happen very often, but it gives rise to another question:

3.) Where would the dummy go next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley
United States
Ball
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also training dummy related, if there are two buildings tied for the most expensive, he must make a choice. Would he in that instance not buy a building at all? Or just.....pick on at random?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibb wrote:
Also training dummy related, if there are two buildings tied for the most expensive, he must make a choice. Would he in that instance not buy a building at all? Or just.....pick on at random?

I'd think he's smart enough to pick the one with more VP, if there is a difference. After that... I'd go with random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
AndAgainMA wrote:

This won't happen very often, but it gives rise to another question:

3.) Where would the dummy go next?

He's visiting the buildings in order, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc, so he would go to the next one in "order" (say he's sitting on the 2nd building. Next move he will go to the 3rd building in the line, regardless of whether the 2nd or 3rd building changes what they are).

If two buildings are tied, he'll buy the tied building with the highest VP, then the one earliest in his movement order (furthest left).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I played some with the training dummy, and the smoothest way felt like if he ever goes off the center line due to either him or you buying a building, he starts back at the left. But then sometimes I'm memory challenged.

Also, I feel like this makes him a bit harder (since he will start at the left and probably build up a bunch of goods before landing on his starting building and buying a building again), which in my experience he could use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.