Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a message saying I can't post again so soon after having posted another. WTF? When did that appear? It sucks. If I'm a supporter, that shouldn't apply to me, as I'm not posting spam. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I just ran into that "problem" as well...

I can see the point as it prevents bombers and spammers.

No big whoop as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather a little protection against idiocy though I can see how it might be annoying if I were to regularly post numerous posts with a typing speed of a mad man / god.

Which I don't.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be a problem for me. I usually post about twenty session reports at once. How much time do you have to wait between each post, now?

Yehuda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no acutal reason for this but I'd assume it's not a limit on posting images, files, session reports or reviews but rather a limit on forum posts only.

It's really kind of unusual that this has not been implimented before this. Almost every other forum in existence has this from the get-go.

If it is a limit on uploading the above mentioned things then I'd definately agree that it is a problem as most people do "batch" uploads of images and such....

But I don't know if that's the case.

Admins what's up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Only about five second delay is required between posts. It is indeed to make things harder for spammers. We recently had a case where a spammer was able to post more than a few messages in the few seconds of time between when he was discovered and and when his account deleted.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred W. Manzo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As a fairly new member I was wondering how you go about contacting the site concerning account problems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.