Dust Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: DUST TACTICS V2 - Officers skills question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Dust rulebook V2, P.94, concerning "reinforcements" or "replacement vehicle" we can read :

"Once an OFFICER has succeeded, the PLAYER cannot use this Action again".

Does it mean that once any of our officers has succeeded, we cannot use this skill anymore ? (even if we have other officers).

Or does it mean that each officer can use this skill only once per game ?

It's the word "PLAYER" that is confusing in this sentence...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Haglund
Sweden
Göteborg
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
Does it mean that once any of our officers has succeeded, we cannot use this skill anymore ? (even if we have other officers).

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, is everybody ok with that ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree with Frankysan's answer :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An official answer on the french forum (from Olivier, a member of Dust Studio) explains that in fact, EACH officer can call reinforcements and replacement vehicle once per game.

shake

Link :
http://dust-france.bb-fr.com/t1866p15-officier-escouade-de-c...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
An official answer on the french forum (from Olivier, a member of Dust Studio) explains that in fact, EACH officer can call reinforcements and replacement vehicle once per game.

shake

Link :
http://dust-france.bb-fr.com/t1866p15-officier-escouade-de-c...

Wait...What? Wow, that changes everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone I know goes with just one of each, replacement & reinforcement per player per game.
It seems more reasonable, and if you are in rules-lawyer mode it is exactly what the latest rulebook says
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you Chris, but it seem that the link that was posted explicitly states (on the official French forum) that this needs to be updated in a FAQ or errata for the English rule book:

LexTalionis07 wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about this change as I haven't tried it out yet.

Personally, I believe the role of erratas and FAQs is to keep the rules alive, and adjust (evolve) them to the circumstances that come up as the game ages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Marlow
United Kingdom
Bridgwater
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

I'm not sure how I feel about this change as I haven't tried it out yet.

Personally, I believe the role of erratas and FAQs is to keep the rules alive, and adjust (evolve) them to the circumstances that come up as the game ages.

Yes I agree that it's very important to keep polishing, and tidying up the rules as people get more experience playing the game.
We play Tactics, and I get the feeling that the V2 rules were a bit of a rush job by Olivier, without a lot of play testing. To me at least, the power of anti-infantry weapons wants to be reduced by about 20% for example.

The reinforcements/replacement vehicle issue is more of a personal preference thing. I'm not a great fan of the way reserves and replacements are handled at all in Dust. I prefer reserves to be part of the points total from the start, with models waiting to come on in a slightly different way to initial deployment. Coming in on the flanks for example.
I especially don't like the reinforcment/replacement idea - you often see people deliberately not finishing off powerful units so they don't come back as replacements!
But as I say this is just personal taste, and if the one reinforcement & replacement per officer became official, we would probably stay with the present interpretation as a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.