Steve Alston
United States
Brevig Mission
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

I was hoping that some one might have some information about 2 player rules. I had read somewhere that the next expansion was going to have some clarification on 2 player rules, and as I have all the other expansions, and I don't recall anything on 2 player rules in them, I was hoping they were in this expansion. Is there anything about 2 player rules? If so, do you mind telling me what it says? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wajda
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just play with 2 heroes each or 1 hero for one person and 2 for another. Presto!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game isn't balanced for 2 heroes (and some of the mechanics will actually break), so the standard practice is to have at least one player control multiple heroes. I've never heard anything about official 2-player rules and don't expect for there to be anything.

That said, many fans have come up with their own 2-player variants (I believe there are several threads in the SotM forums here on BGG). I would check those out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pell
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play two heroes against two Vengeance villains. You'll almost certainly die horribly, but it doesn't break any rules, it's just a nigh-impossible fight. (You can even do ONE hero versus ONE Vengeance villain, although that really goes pear-shaped; if it's something like Nightmist vs. Fright Train or Visionary vs. Proletariat, you win effortlessly and feel pathetic about it, otherwise you get utterly smeared by way more damage than you're capable of dishing out.)

It's probable that Villains of the Multiverse will give you better options for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sean
United States
New York
flag msg tools
You can battle 2p with each player having just 1 hero. It is hard but not broken. The right combination is critical. So far for a 2p game I have beaten Baron Blade (1st set) and Voss. With BB I realized you need to pour on the damage hard and quick. We played using Tachion and Tempest. Tachion can do damage up to 10-15 with no cards down, just in the trash. With healing from Tempest, she can go all out with hurting herself to do extra task. For Voss, we thought he would be the strongest from past battles but failed to realize he does not wipe the table clean. By this time of playing the game a few times (at the time) I decided Bunker was my favorite. So I simple chose him, not sure how well he would do against Voss. My Bro picked Legacy. Legacy absorbed some damage in the beginning with his invulnerability and resistence to environment card. Shortly after a few rounds, Bunker was getting stronger and none of my equipment was taken off the field. I discovered that if a villain does not have cards to clear the field, characters like Bunker can reach unlimited strength. I was able to destroy space ships in 1 turn while doing damage to multiple targets (all with Legacy's boosting atk power).

Your combination of heroes is vital. So is the environment. Like making the dinos fight your villains henchmen for you or being immune to environment mass damage when it is hitting the villain as well. This helps a lot. I have yet to beat Citizan Dawn but I know off the back any hero requiring loads of equipment or ongoing will not work well. Players like Haka and Tachion are good because they can use straight from the hand and do not need more than like 2 ongoing or equipment to fair well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.