Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Dobosz
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

I have a question about using energy and boosting spells. My main concern is Energy Value at the bottom of the Spell Card. Can I use spell cards with an energy value to boost movement or to boost temporary spells duration?

Second question is about Waterbolt. It says, that it deals an amount of damage equals to its energy. Is that energy equals its energy value from the bottom of the card (which is 3), or is it by default only 1, and I have to use another card to boost its energy?

Sorry for my English...it is not my native language.

Best regards
Tomek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgios P.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can use the energy value at the bottom of a card as if it were a regular energy card.

Wiz-War Rules of Play, p.9 wrote:

Note: Some Magic cards display an energy value in the lower-middle area of the card. Players can spend these cards for their energy value instead of playing them for their effect.

As to the second question (it's one that often comes up when I play the game with new players), the value at the bottom of the card is ignored when playing the card as a spell. So the value of Waterbolt is 1, until you boost it with another card.

In general, you always need a second (and in rare cases a third) card to boost another spell. No spell (that I can think of, off the top of my head), has an energy value above 1 by itself.

Wiz-War Rules of play, p.11 wrote:

Normally, a spell’s energy is “1.” However, when a player casts a spell, he may also discard one energy card to fuel the spell, which replaces that spell’s energy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.