Mage Knight Dungeons» Forums » General

Subject: It was bound to happen, MK:Dundeons reborn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
"In the Dungeons & Dragons: Temple of Elemental Evil Board Game, you play as a heroic adventurer. With amazing abilities, spells and magic weapons, you must explore the dungeons beneath the Sword Coast where you will fight monsters, overcome hazards and find treasure. Are you ready for adventure?

Each player selects a hero, such as a fighter, cleric, or wizard. On their turn, each player can explore further into the dungeon (turn over new tiles), move through the already explored parts of the dungeon, and fight monsters. When a new dungeon tile is revealed, there is typically an encounter of some sort, and new monsters to fight are added. Slain monsters reward the players with treasure, and experience points, allowing them to level up and increase their skills during play. Players must cooperate to stay alive, slay the monsters, and achieve the goal of their quest. Each scenario has a different goal, from retrieving a relic to slaying a large boss monster."

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/172220/dungeons-dragons-t...

I guess all great games will be reborn in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Err... not quite. Temple of Elemental Evil is actually the fourth in a series of games. The first three were published directly by Wizards (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon and The Legend of Drizzt) back in 2010 and 2011. They play nothing like Mage Knight Dungeons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me a while to ever infer the connection you were drawing... But yes, other than the fact that this latest iteration of the series will be published by WizKids, they have next to nothing in common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't realize the series has switched to Wizkids. I've played some of the early ones and quite different from MKD.

I do need to get MKD to the table someday. We've been meaning to play it again for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd LOVE to see an online "How To" of MKD.
There are some parts of the game unclear to me and would be great to make sure I'm getting them as intended.
It's a great boardgame - and I don't play it enough either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.