Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: CHALLENGER(S) HAVE APPEARED! Meta Shakeup - O&C [Card/Archetype Ratings] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
This is probably the best time to think about getting back into the game because the meta is seriously getting shaken right now. I feel like this anarch box did for anarch what chaos and control did for shaper with atman, only a little bit better for anarch. There are finally new things to try. Cool things to do. But if you've not really touched on it I'm going to break down the new meta for you as I see it and give some card rankings now that I've had some Reps in.

New Runner Archetypes

Valencia Black Mail - Deja Vu + Same Old + Blackmail makes for nasty glacier hate. There are many potential flavors to how you might build this and where you'll intend to use those blackmails, but in my testing R&D locks and remote locks have yielded plenty of wins (getting me to 4th in a store champ). Going all in is dangerous because elizabeth mills will end your day, so having some sort of breaker package on the side is probably a good idea. However, the all in deck on R&D is strong too. Hivemind, Progenetor, Medium, and Virus Breeding ground can make your blackmails average 4-9 card digs. An unprepared corp can't deal with this.

Lesson: Corps, include blackmail protection or reliable ICE rezzing tools that work outside of runs. NAPD is slightly worse in this match up as a 5/2 or sometimes 6/2. Consider other agendas if you're not going to remove BP.

Strength: Access everything for cheap.

Downsides: Highly uninteractive and unfun to play against.

Archetype Ranking: 8/10

Valencia Protestors - Valencia is some sort of journalist who organizes protesters. While she's not blackmailing people. Eater + Desperado + Security Testing can do some serious economic work. And iterant protesters can make those HQ runs fruitful if you include a normal breaker rig. You could even include part of the blackmail package if you wanted (and you probably should, as its better than inside job). Another build might not use desperado, but instead use vigil so that the draw is always on with the protestors. Once you're doing eater, utensils are a step away, but you really want to consider the regular build.

Lesson: Remove that bad pub. You can't stop eater. Score quickly. Valencia builds like this can be slow.

Strength: Runs are next to free and make you money sometimes.

Downsides: Slow to set up. Can be hard to find your stuff. Influence is tight.

Archetype Ranking: 7/10

MaxX Siphon Spam - Meet the Andromeda, Same as the Old Andromeda? With dejavu in faction and levy as an auto include. We're looking at some serious siphon spam coming out of this. And the 1 draw helps you get that into play. I'm not sure if it matters what else is in your package. You're going to want some scorch protection and just go tag-me. Data-Leak-Reversal and Fallguy should probably be considered.

Lesson: Make HQ expensive. Play Jinteki? Net damage will hurt her badly. If this becomes a thing, think about running vault. Its only 1 influence.

Strength: Fast Fast Fast

Archetype Ranking: 8/10

Downsides: Occassionally the deck defeats itself, but if there are only good things in your deck that shouldn't happen, right? It's also worth noting that siphon is not as effective with counters available.

MaxX Big Rig - Retrieval Run + Deja Vu + Torch + Morning Star + Femme + Eater. You can always get your breakers back and if there's an opus in your deck just find some memory (Djinn, Grimoire) and you should be set. I recommend inject and sameold to recur those deja's and get a bit more draw. DayJob+other econ should make this a really efficient build. The only question is what are you going to do for multi-access because this is a more honest build that plays by the rules of the game and doesn't manipulate them too badly. Play it like shaper.

Lesson: None needed. It's a deck. Do your thing it'll either rig out early enough or it won't. I'm pretty convinced that it's not a bad build, but if you know how to play against regular anarch shenanigans, you just have to do it now against a solid rig.

Strength: Can break all the ice and money will last past your deck with opus around. The steady drip might allow some passive econ on the side too and get those retrieval runs to have targets.

Downsides: Pitching all your stuff. A big rig has many pieces. Deck is probably fragile.

Archetype Ranking 6/10

Noise Mill + Chakana - This is just an upgrade of an already existing powerful deck. You consider losing aespos and you go for chop bot which helps fuel even more draws. HiveMind on a progenitor and chakana on a progenitor with a virus breeding ground in reserve can put a halt to fast advance and make 5/3's sit even longer for scores. Meanwhile, you're milling them the entire time. Clone chips are a common splash because of the way parasite interacts with hivemind. Gorman Drip is actually good in this build because it counts hivemind but doesn't exhaust the tokens. Cache is good and a constant source of income. Early game pressure from noise mill and running allows someone to wildside/chopbot into the combo. And the finisher is usually darwin/medium with a loaded hivemind.

Lesson: Power Shutdown for progenitor and rig destruction in general are good. Cyberdex virus suite can let you score by wiping after advancing. This is becoming an auto-include for FA which should slow them down. But if you move fast enough you won't need that trick. Chakana also only increases the score cost by 1, so with enough FA tools you can score past this.

Strengths: Immune to antibiotics. Multiple Assault Vectors. All the Money.

Downsides: Can be a bit solitairish and your friends might not like you.

Archetype Ranking 9/10

Anarch Voicepad + Silverware - With almost any of the Anarch decks you make, you can now feel comfortable going heavy on events. Day Job is in fact a good card that can be played competitively. Prepaid Voicepad is a natural with eater and the utensils. This seems ID independent for the moment. So without a perfect home it can go anywhere. Going the eater route usually enables Keyhole wins. Also, Singularity is now a good card since you won't be able to access that remote. Just like shaper you'll probably want Levy. The rest of the deck can operate off of planned assault and some goodies. Oracle May becomes an option if enough events are included. This can pair into MaxX & Valencia builds mentioned above.

Lesson: Anarch decks are no longer poor expect them to be able to have money and to jump to crazy heights in the blink of an eye.

Strengths: Solid Solid economy. Utility. Foundational.

Weaknesses: Traps, Multiple ice on remotes, Architect, Needs a draw outlet.

Archetype Ranking 9/10

Kim - Hammer Time - Imp + innate ability means you rig up and pressure centrals as hard as you can. The deck needs breakers and money (see above for several options). But once it has you in its grips (sneak door possibly ), it can be very hard to have any economy yourself. I think eater+siphon out of Kim is going to be brutal. This one's mostly theory crafting on my part. I think this is the weakest archetype at the moment. It's like Whizzard only you have to access a lot more stuff which is typically protected. Possibly, medium digging is the best thing. You should be able to clear a path for immense access rates. Leave a message.

Lesson: Have a plan for not having your events available.

Strengths: Great against combo and at eliminating those cards that you access instead of agendas. Here are the reasons you play this deck: Hedge Fund, Sweeps Week, Scorched Earth, Trick Of Light, Biotic Labor, Neural EMP, Celebrity Gifts, Restructure, Power Shutdown, Accelerated Diagnostics

Weaknesses: Requires a great deck and doesn't bring much to the table to help you get there. Most good IDs have an effect on the game that assists you by giving you a leg up. This one punishes your opponent which means you have to be good enough to use your ability. So as of now, I think the weaknesses out weigh the strengths, but the archetype has serious motivators for finding ways to make it work.

Archetype Rating: 6/10* (Serious potential here, but someone needs to find a good anarch deck that plays competitively regardless of the ID. Right now, I think its waiting in the wings the way RP did for a long time.)

Existing Archetypes that get a leg up
Kate Prepaid - Day Job and several other events worth considering playing.
Jank Gabe - Progenitor + Pheremones is interesting if not competitive
Andy - I don't know how, but you've got to figure she finds a way. Maybe just day job?
Ken - I think you need to look at this guy again with all the new events that came out in the pack.

New Corp Archetypes
Corps have seriously fewer archetypes that opened up. They were already strong. But there are a few new things or at the very least some new things have been enabled.

Blue Sun - Constellation - This isn't new by any means, but blue sun just got some seriously upgraded ice. If you get to advance and rez any of them they can easily accelerate your economy. Orion will even make Oversight AI slightly better. Deck doesn't play much differently, but one should consider The Root when building the deck out of blue sun and still consider the scorch route. Atlas + Biotic remains a good finisher after rushing behind monstrous ice.

Lesson: Shutdown isn't as effective, but eating the ice is very effective. Include I've Had Worse if you've got the space. (Get it! SPACE!). You ain't got any money on this guy.

Strengths: More money than god, multiple attack vectors, good ice, invulnerable to many runner tricks.

Weaknesses: Eaten ice is money lost, Blackmail if you don't include Mills, I've Had Worse + Plascrete almost makes you want to go vegan.

Archetype Rating: 8.5/10

Titan - FA - Titan + Atlas + Trick Of Light + Space Ice. You protect yourself. You go find agendas of the next FA piece and you play glacier if you need to. Atlas train shouldn't be a thing, right? :/ Anyways, this is better and worse than Astro chaining for a few reasons. 1: losing a single atlas hurts more. 2: Not losing an atlas assures victory once a single TOL shows up. You have to consider money, but I've been assured that Mark Yale+Firmware is a great way to generate those bucks in absence of Blue Sun. Cash is King again.

Lessons: Run D4v1d. Seriously, why aren't you?

Strengths: 17 influence. More money than god, fetchable anything, multiple attack vectors, good ice.

Weaknesses: Lucky pulls at the beginning of the game can really ruin your day, as can ice melting. Having to include agendas that aren't hostile take over, firmware, and atlas.

Archetype Rating: 8.5/10

Gagarin - Lateral - I don't know how to play this. I don't. The 1 credit tax to access cards in remotes seems like it should help significantly, especially with that one current. Maybe some hostile infrastructures and such will make this playable but there's no internal drip so you have to import all of that while bursting. If you've been waiting for a puzzle on the corp side here it is. Maybe this one day gets as bad as NEH/RP, but it's probably the weakest at the moment. But hey, mushin no shin is a thing?

Lessons: Focus on locking R&D?

Strengths: Taxing, sort of. Take that desperado!

Weaknesses: Desperado and other cash making cards make this sort of play kind of hrmmm.

???/10 (probably a 3/10, but that's just my guess)

Argus Security 1pointers - Between False lead, traps and whatnot this should be a never advance that rivals PE. Scorched earth and Traffic Accident seem like things worth considering. I honestly haven't seen this work yet, but there's a bunch of builds on netrunnerdb that are worth checking out. I think this is your starting point: http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/14829/i-will-find-you-

Lessons: Don't run last click. Don't run 3rd click. Maybe, don't run at all? But really, pack some damage mitigation, melt some ice, shutdown some ice, you'll get there eventually with an R&D lock most likely.

Strengths: Taxes cards, which taxes clicks harder than taxing money. Taxes money on top of that. The "What?" factor. Most people have no idea what the right moves are against a deck like this.

Weaknesses: Gotta be honest. Not sure the punishing ice exists to make this matchup solid. Checkpoint is cool and all. As is taurus, but one guy with a medium might ruin your day.

7/10 (I wanted to give this a six, but I'll err on the side of caution. Plus it looks cool).

NEH - Scorch Mark II - Maybe you didn't realize that traffic accident is a good card? And that you can get it for 1 influence? Well, if you didn't you ought to seriously consider this deck. Go tag storm, 3x scorch, 3x traffic accident and have 2 inf leftover for something that helps you (Like a Punitive). Since you can still go fast (sansan+astro) this deck has serious fuck you legs.

Lessons: Plascrete or I've Had Worse. Something goddamnit.

Strengths: Faster than you'd like it to be. Deadlier than you'd like it to be. Jackson to be able to damage you over and over again.

Weaknesses: Kim? A fast deck? Wanton Destruction?

9/10

NEH - AstroLight - This one has officially won a store championship. 3x Trick of Light. 4x Space Ice. Fast Track. You can now score an astro out of your deck for a $1 if you have a scored astro. You thought biotic labor was gross? HAH! This ice is good too. 6 strength barrier is nothing to laugh at.

Lessons: Go faster.

Strengths: Cheaper scores. Better ice. More of that stuff you hate.

Weaknesses: Chakana noise / The coming clot-pocolypse / Everyone around you quiting the game

10/10

I really think its worth noting that NBN getting more good decks is probably something we didn't want to see, but hopefully SanSan cycle will fix this... :/

Existing Archetypes that get a leg up
Tennin - Tennin's got new ice targets with the space ice and also has access to space camp. This may not qualify
as a new archetype but it certainly got friends.
Foundry - Have you looked at The Twins? Now have you considered Janus/Komainu? Ok.

Individual Card Ratings

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed [7/10] - See archetype talk. It's very shiny, but it's a bit of a puzzle. Solid flavor.

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon [3/10] - Someday maybe. See archetype talk. Flavor's there. Puzzle. So not a 0.

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future [9/10] - Very good at showing us another side of weyland.

Firmware Updates [7/10] - Probably won't win you a game, but good for combos and space ice alike. Can't complain, except that it's a 3/1.

Glenn Station [5/10] - Good at hiding things, but hard to score. At 4/2 this is competing with too much good stuff... but with the next card, maybe its worth it?

Government Takeover [4/10] - This card is jank. It will lose you games. The only thing that's maybe worth considering is using it in Titan to midseasons + psychographics a win. Someone tried that on me. Maybe it'll work someday, but I think its too high variance. Marks for flavor. But its an awful agenda atm. (I guess Power Shutdown + Accelerated Diagnostics + Midseasons + Psychographics + Interns?) Money Up Son.

High-Risk Investment [7/10] - If money is the only thing stopping you from scorching someone, this seems like a good thing to score. And out of titan, man that could be tons of money. Probably better than government contracts. Conditionally a better include than cleaners/pri req.

Constellation Protocol [7/10] - I think if you're playing space ice this is as good as a pad campaign, and possibly even better letting you conserve your money for other things. Niche though.

Mark Yale [8/10] - Firmware + Titan for +12 money when you want it. I hear that's good.

Space Camp [6/10] - Don't get me wrong. I like the card, but it's got to fight for its slots.

The Board [0/10] - Play it in PE so they never can win, and then realize that they've got 14 points and enough money to trash The Board.

Asteroid Belt [9/10] - Great piece of ice. Highstrength binary barrier. Combo-y. Discountable. This and its friends are so close to a 10.

Wormhole [9/10] - Extremely combo-y and it demands a code gate breaker by turning code gates into something that can trash stuff. Gotta love it.

Nebula [8/10] Same as above only it blows up programs. This one's only 5 strength though, which puts it at the same place grim is at. That card doesn't get used much either though mostly because of the bad pub. I think this is still playable, but it won't shake games any more often than roto/archer/etc. The reducable rez cost is a definate bonus, making it immune to shutdown and giving it more legs than grim which really suffered to that play.

Orion [8/10] - 8 strength is nothing to laugh at. Its very usable. But it's breakable by anything. I still think you play the card. It's a wonderful tax no matter what it's taxing, but it's probably not going to fire while your opponent has money (which might not be long).

Builder [6/10] - You want it early, but you really don't since it's porous. It also only hits ice. But you can move it which makes it good against Kit. Very cool and flavorful. But it's competing for slots in decks that are full of ways to advance things.

Checkpoint [5/10] - Its a good surprise that will likely never be a surprise. Also, it gives you bad pub. If the other elicit ice are any indication this won't see much play. But its cool I guess.

Fire Wall [6/10] - I was excited about this at first. Properly named Ice Wall. Advanceable. But still can be femmed. More expensive to rez. Maybe with builder this is your friend, but I think there are better ice in faction in the form of the space ice.

Searchlight [2/10] - 2 because you can put counters on it, and its one influence, so you can import it into a TOL deck. Low strength means advancing it is almost pointless. However, I did lose a game in draft to this & TOL. So there you go.

Housekeeping [7/10] - I don't think this is great, but it's pressure and will probably slow the runner down so that they don't get scorched. So, good enough for a 7. There's probably something they can discard. The click taxing is nice.

Patch [4/10] - Its a nice card in draft. It won't see constructed play much. However, putting it on architect and a wide range of borderline ice that's already sort of decent is appealing.

Traffic Accident [7/10] - Needing 2 tags is a bummer. But I think NBN doesn't consider that to be a problem.

Satellite Grid [4/10] - Good for space Ice, but really, a single counter in the form of a card for ice in the same server is only sort of good. This is down there with experiential data. (PUT THEM IN THE SAME SERVER!)

The Twins [7/10] - Combolicious.

Sub Boost [2/10] - Etr+Barrier is only so good. Maybe on Janus? Just for the fuck you? Otherwise, don't see this seeing play. Or wotan so that the iron price is no longer available? Seems win more in both cases.

Dedicated Technician Team [3/10] - It is sort of economy? I guess if towers becomes a thing.....

Cyberdex Virus Suite [9/10] - This is good against atman/(?)clot if that's a real card/and other virus strategies. Certainly better than trial and maybe worth it. Fires off of archives boys!

Edward Kim: Humanity's Hammer [4/10] - Too hard to build imo.

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock [9/10] - Card advantage doesn't matter. Right Andy?

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe [8/10] - Very combo-y, but also very strong and meta defining. Tech for it or go fast enough. If you can't you lose.

Amped Up [8/10] - Clicks!!! I think this will help the RP match up if you've been struggling having enough clicks to get in. But you've still got to play rock-paper-paper.

I've Had Worse [10/10] - Decks that play this card may not need to play plascrete. This is the first viable option we've had to avoid the plascrete complex and its not dead in other matchups. I'd give this an 11 if I could. Goes excellent with prepaid as well.

Itinerant Protesters [8/10] - In a blackmail deck this is the grossest thing I've ever seen. Forcing the corp to play with less than 3 cards in hand running vigil on the side is just too much pressure. Expect to spend a lot of time maintaining & establishing the lock though...

Showing Off [6/10] - Usually a medium dig is good enough. But at least its accurately named. So much medium love in this set its almost gross.

Wanton Destruction [9/10] - This is not a perfect card, but it really helps against those FA decks that sit with tools and agendas in hand. I'd almost rather play Legwork. But wanton for 2 -> legwork is good too.

Day Job [10/10] - The obvious weakness of this card is the only thing keeping it from being busted. Anarch now has solid economy thanks to this single card. Love it.

Silverware (forked, knifed, spooned) [9/10] - As an aside I just want to say there's a lot of interesting plays here. They blow up the first ice you encounter that you break entirely of the appropriate type. This means that you could walk through an enigma to blow up a tollbooth, or toss a quandary in front of the tollbooth to prevent this. So, there's cool back and forth. But their ability to just entirely chomp a server to death makes them crazy strong. Parasite got a leg up because of hivemind, but with these you may not want to even bother with parasite. You get enough money and boom. I don't think you can play low ice corps anymore, at all.

The silverware are just slow enough that they aren't broken. But they are a powerful new set of tools that gives Anarch a whole new way to play.

Eater [10/10] - The obvious companion to silverware. But also good with anything that has an "instead of accessing" event. This AI really changes the way you can play the game and its now side is the easiest to mitigate of all the AIs. Gotta love it.

Gravedigger [6/10] - With enough clicks I guess this gets good and its a 2 cost virus. But, click for a single mill is only so efficient. In the right deck it could be good. I'm not sold.

Hivemind [10/10] - Changes the way all your viruses work. Makes even Gorman Drip playable. Powers parasites to new hights. Makes Chakana playable. Might be too good, doncha you know?

Progenitor [10/10] - If it only did the memory thing then maybe this wouldn't be playable. But it costs zero and keeps your counters live, so it's totally playable and powerful.

Archives Interface [6/10] - Depends on your meta. This is conditionally useful. Nowhere near as good as other interfaces, but removing cards that CI wants to recur, shocks, space camps, or virus suites can't be ignored. (There's a picture of evil for you. A little black box that turns off the air supply of all those little kids floating around smiling. Who said runners weren't evil?)

Chop Bot 3000 [9/10] - Don't need to spend influence on aesops anymore, do ya? And it draws cards making it so that maybe you don't need wyldside either. Damn, noise should be violent now. I think that tag thing is something you probably never do...

MemStrips [8/10] - Solid for any anarch deck that just wanted memory for viruses and didn't want to weaken them by putting them on a djinn. Gives you space for that parasite or datasucker you didn't have room for, and then some.

Vigil [7/10] - With a protest movement this is good and gets you cards, but its pretty easy for the runner to play under hand size. Maybe you can take advantage of that with legwork or something else. It's good at getting you mem. Its cheap. But it's not amazing.

Human First [1/10] - This is a good piece of story telling, but its worth 4-6 credits a game if you can get it out early and its unique. 1 for flavor I guess.

Investigative Journalism [6/10] - So slow, but if you're going to click for credits 5 times and make at least 5 runs, its worth it. Also, helps with those lateral decks. And keeps bad pub alive. So niche good.

Sacrificial Clone [4/10] - 3rd Plascrete, but it protects against brain damage. I hope I never need to run this card, but at least its there if I do.

Stim Dealer [6/10] - There's something here. I don't know what. But maybe its a really bad bag-biter deck. If you can keep your hand size up then it certainly makes opus tons better at half the cost of Rachel, but that brain damage is going to take its toll. Multiples are possible, but can you do it? Seems like something a balls out runner might want.

Virus Breeding Ground [9/10] - The ability to charge a medium without running or a hivemind can't be understated. Expensive in terms of clicks, but think of the economy you're saving. This is an excellent card.

Uninstall [4/10] - I don't like to install things twice. Cache? A few other cards?

Qianju PT [5/10] - If you need to avoid tags (Rachel), I guess this isn't so bad. Turns out Josh and rachel can have a relationship together if only they had a bike, but you won't really gain anything for it.

Data Folding [6/10] - Too expensive without the supplier, but nordrunner swept me and this card helped him do it so it must be good in some decks. Maybe better later? Sage likes it. But its niche.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sub Boost on Eli? Yes. On Janus? Barriers are cheaper than Sentries so I think that Sub Boost will end up on barriers mostly. Or in binders.

And Uninstall... I know that I will hate that card, when playing as a corporation my opponent will start uninstalling Imps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Imp is a point I had not considered for uninstall. And being neutral on influence makes it desirable. But consider, you can get a similar affect with Breeding Ground & Progenitor/Hivemind. If you're only imping as a secondary strategy and not going in on viruses I suppose it makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Titan - FA - Titan + Atlas + Trick Of Light + Space Ice. You protect yourself. You go find agendas of the next FA piece and you play glacier if you need to. Atlas train shouldn't be a thing, right? :/ Anyways, this is better and worse than Astro chaining for a few reasons. 1: losing a single atlas hurts more. 2: Not losing an atlas assures victory once a single TOL shows up. You have to consider money, but I've been assured that Mark Yale+Firmware is a great way to generate those bucks in absence of Blue Sun. Cash is King again.
[...]
Strengths: 17 influence. More money than god, fetchable anything, multiple attack vectors, good ice.

Weaknesses: Lucky pulls at the beginning of the game can really ruin your day, as can ice melting. Having to include agendas that aren't hostile take over, firmware, and atlas.
I respectfully disagree on this topic. If there is an archetype that does not need a lot of cash, it is definitively Titan FA.

I have played more than one hundred times. I can assure you that you can run this archetype with no more than 0-5 credits most of the time. It's at a point that a Titan FA should avoid Hedge Fund and prefer Beanstalk and Commercialization. Remember that you can FA an agenda with no remote and only 2 credits (only 1 with Subliminal Messaging in hand).

Same thing with Mark Yale + Firmware Update. This combo is a useless diversion. It is without a doubt very interesting in some decks, but Titan FA doesn't want Firmware Update (nor any unscorable 5/3 agenda). It wants Hostile Takeover.

There are two Weaknesses:
1) one or two Atlas are stolen (if three are stolen, the game is lost).
2) the Corp draws many Atlas but no ToL, or the opposite, and the Atlas train does not start.

A good Titan FA deck has to adress these two weaknesses. And a lot of money isn't the solution.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion and evaluations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I'm sorry if that came off wrong. I'm not saying money is required; I'm saying its possible, and if its possible you can do other things, like ash, to support getting an atlas overscored to go find TOL and close.

When I'm talking about the archetype I'm not talking about any single deck, but a class of decks. I don't think I ever said it needed more money than god, but that it could have more money than god.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Imp is a point I had not considered for uninstall. And being neutral on influence makes it desirable. But consider, you can get a similar affect with Breeding Ground & Progenitor/Hivemind. If you're only imping as a secondary strategy and not going in on viruses I suppose it makes sense.
i think uninstall is an inderesting card. i think it'll end up in a lot of decks when players first plan then but then be among the first cut when it's trimmed down.

criminal doesn't really use Imp. maybe uninstall could make spending the influence worth it? probably not

shaper has scavenge, which i consider a superior card (especially for shaper) since it saves the extra click.
if i'm shaper, i'm very likely using scavenge instead. if i'm exile, i'm definitely not using uninstall.

that said, even in anarch, uninstall could be just a one card reset limited-use viruses instead of needing the 3 (+ extra copies of breeding ground). it's also a good way to get another install for Noise for the extra mill
maybe throwing in one or two as a backup in case you lose some of the moving parts the breeading ground / progenator / hivemind combo wouldn't be a bad idea, but i'd probably bank more on the combo, since it has the potential to get pretty crazy

EDIT: as for the OP

completely agree about Human First. great flavour. great art. terrible effect. if you manage to draw it first turn, and if you manage to keep it out the whole game, it could be worth something, but it seems so hard to justify a spot in the deck for this

and about government takeover. maybe this card worked in ONR. don't see it working now, but it's a cool idea. it's also very 'win more'

also, i think that Data Folding belongs in the right kind of deck, but that deck is probably super jank. in my head, i'm imagining some CT Ekomind + Oragami + Game Day + Sagosaurus + Overmind 100% pure grade jank where Data Folding could find some use.

also, another point about Eater: it can make facechecking early on less painful. there was a similar card in ONR (whose name escapes me atm) that ended the run immediately after use. this is even better than that card imo. it has obvious synergy, as you mentioned, with access replacement effects, but i think a lot of people are overlooking its ability to facecheck anything without a full rig, provided you have enough credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Jamet
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a decent deck (link) with Data Folding. I used it to make tons of money at the start of each turn. Not tier 1, but not jank either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Now I freely admit to being crap at deckbuilding but looking at the decklists on Netrunnerdb I'm surprised how many of the Edward Kim decks seem to neglect OOF multi-access cards. I would have thought the R&D/HQ Interfaces and/or Maker's Eye/Legwork were fairly fundamental to getting the most out of Edward. I suppose there's the argument that if you're not seeing multiple cards, he does have an increased chance of being able to stick whatever he sees in the bin when he does access HQ/R&D. Feel free to enlighten me about how I'm looking at this the wrong way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
[q="gumOnShoe"]also, i think that Data Folding belongs in the right kind of deck, but that deck is probably super jank. in my head, i'm imagining some CT Ekomind + Oragami + Game Day + Sagosaurus + Overmind 100% pure grade jank where Data Folding could find some use.
This kind of nonsense? http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/11697/yoshizawa-v3-5

I've been playing about with a version of this this afternoon. Just doing solo draws and installs to see how plausible the mega-Sage combo is. As with lots of these things, it seems to be rather optimistic. Problem in anarch is finding those breakers, which, with only 7 in the deck with no tutoring, is a pain in the arse.

Also, having a Data Folding fire for 8 turns is like a slow drip Daily Casts and both have the same install cost. Daily Casts has the edge if you ask me, what with not having a condition to satisfy and getting the cash into your credit pool faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
StarryVeck wrote:
Now I freely admit to being crap at deckbuilding but looking at the decklists on Netrunnerdb I'm surprised how many of the Edward Kim decks seem to neglect OOF multi-access cards. I would have thought the R&D/HQ Interfaces and/or Maker's Eye/Legwork were fairly fundamental to getting the most out of Edward. I suppose there's the argument that if you're not seeing multiple cards, he does have an increased chance of being able to stick whatever he sees in the bin when he does access HQ/R&D. Feel free to enlighten me about how I'm looking at this the wrong way...
I agree with you, for the most part. Legwork seems to me to be a no-brainer, but I think in terms of R&D pressure, I'd want to just run Medium, personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Uninstall is 1 card, VBG + Hivemind/Progenitor are 3. Also, Uninstall, meet D4v1d, Overmind, and doggies. Still niche, but not altogether worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
It turns out that Gagarin is awful. Total shit. Don't play it.

0/10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schneider
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
gumOnShoe wrote:

0/10
I'm not sure we needed you to tell us this.

Regarding Eddy Kim: Do you think there is some crossover potential here with the outlined PPVP/Cutlery archetype? Kim wants lots of accesses, so combining a strong event economy with Day Jobs and Lucky Find with PPVP should help you maintain the cash and splashing in either Special Order or SMC to find breakers/programs. Having Medium and Nerve Agent in faction means that you'll be seeing an awful lot of cards, as well.

I'm relatively unconvinced of Eater in Kim, also. To me, Kim is the Anarch who benefits most from real accesses, so Eater comes off to me as a nonbo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric c
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
gumOnShoe wrote:

0/10
it just won a small SC tournament (11 players) in Nova Scotia! with Government Takeover no less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noose Cartwright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I won the O&C release tournament with Gagarin/Quetzal only time I have had a perfect tournament, Gagarins ability is beautiful. Also flavor text

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
I'd love to see some deck lists. Lost about twelve game last night trying to figure it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Foundry - Have you looked at The Twins? Now have you considered Janus/Komainu? Ok.
Komainu won't really work here, will it? First encounter might blow runners hand, but the 2nd encounter will just let him through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
Komainu won't really work here, will it? First encounter might blow runners hand, but the 2nd encounter will just let him through.
Komainu wrote:
When the Runner encounters Komainu, it gains "[Subroutine] Do 1 net damage." for each card in the Runner's grip for the remainder of this run.
Ouch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SonnyDK wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:
The subroutines that 'Komainu' gains last until the end of the run. So the second encounter will be pre-loaded with the subroutines from the first encounter (and then even more subroutines will be added on encounter if the runner still has cards in hand).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Pyjam wrote:
Quote:
Titan - FA - Titan + Atlas + Trick Of Light + Space Ice.
I respectfully disagree on this topic. If there is an archetype that does not need a lot of cash, it is definitively Titan FA.

--snip--

A good Titan FA deck has to adress these two weaknesses. And a lot of money isn't the solution.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion and evaluations.
The other way to go is SanSan, which makes the runner crap their pants if you can rez it. I've been running a Titan NA deck with that and its been working pretty well. (~10-0 in local F2F competition)

Mark Yale is a beast. He doesn't even need firmware upgrades.

Thanks for the insight on the trick version - I'll give it a shot... maybe 2 tricks, 2 SanSan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eric_c wrote:
gumOnShoe wrote:

0/10
it just won a small SC tournament (11 players) in Nova Scotia! with Government Takeover no less.
Having spoken with the winner of that tournament, he admitted that his runner (I think it's an econ denial Reina) carried him really hard. I left after the cut to top 4, but he said his first two double elimination matches were as runner which carried him to the top spot. He is definitely a great player though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is Hammer Time scored on a scale of 5, when everything else is scored on a scale of 10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Fixed. I don't know? I wrote a lot and messed up one. I think I meant to give it 4/10 originally. I've upped it to 6/10 having seen some sort of consistant builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this writeup It's a great starting point for further exploration on both sides. Love it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see your Edward Kim evaluation eek it's way up. Unfortunately the power of Eater isn't exactly usable by him...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |