Subject: Corperate board game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Victor Mattaur
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I'm looking for a game I played several years ago. I don't have the
title however I can explain the premise.

The board game is made up of several countries.

Some countries have limited resources but a huge military and some
countries have limited military but plenty of natural resources while some countries had a even blend of both.

The object of the game is to keep your country in the game by
developing agreements with other countries that complement your
weaknesses.

In some instances you traded for what you wanted and other instances you bombed for what you wanted. The object was to keep you country in the game until your administration was over.

This game was used for team building when I worked for Lucent Tech and
I was hoping to use it at my current company.

This game reflected 'real life', i.e, countries going under, packs made with countreis while the game administrator wasn't looking. If anyone has ever plaid this game, please answer I would appreciate any help on tracking this game down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vmattaur wrote:
If anyone has ever plaid this game, please answer I would appreciate any help on tracking this game down.

It sounds like Diplomacy but I've never plaid it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baden
United States
Berkeley Lake
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
I played a similar game back in school (about 25-30 years ago (wow!)) that sounds similar. Tehre were seven or so countries all with made-up mades. Some were very strong militarily and some not. It was a game modeled after the UN and involved a lot of negotiations. It involved about 4-6 people for each country and COuld be used for team building or negotitation training. The part I found most interesting was that you could assasinate other people if you could tape a note to their back, while they were outside their country (away from their table). I think that the school kept the game in their library.

I don't remember the game, but if this is the same one, I'd love to find it again. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Cormier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power Barons?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/535

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.