B. de Groot
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We've played it a couple of times now. What we think:
1- Fun game, most players want to play it again immediately.
2- Quality of the dice is disappointing (too much or not enough paint), unlike the very nice ones of Roll for the Galaxy)
3- It's a different game when played with 2, 3 or 4 players: nice.
4- The presentation of the rules is a bit chaotic and long-winded, it makes the game look much more complex than it is.
5- And why not add 4 separate sheets of paper for the play mats???
6- Game ends too soon: you've just bought your first few creatures and the game is already over.
7- Dragon is too strong: the lucky player who gets 8 (or 9) quiddity first will win the game 9 out of 10 times if the dragon is in the wilds.
8- Ooze is too expensive: its behavior is too erratic and its glory too low for the investment, nobody bothers to buy it.

Btw, we don't like to use the optional rules: buying 2 dice negates the special power of similar spells and culling the dice that scored is opposite to the idea of building a force (and keeping others from buying certain dice).

Our solutions:
6- Play for more points (e.g. to next player level, plus 5, etc).
7- Either up the dragon's level by 2, so it's harder to summon it, or lower its glory by 2, so it becomes a sure but slow scorer.
8- Either drop the ooze's cost by 2, so it becomes a cheap lottery ticket, or up its glory by 2, so it's a risky high return investment.

Of course the easiest solution is to remove the two from the deck.

One new thing we'll try is to pay the dragon's level in sacrificed Ready creatures.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jackson
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dragon, I have found is only really a big problem if you only have vanilla Quarriors. The other expansions introduce ways to get around them. For example, one version of the voodo doll kills what killed it, so bye bye dragon.

One variant of the ooze I like is the one that costs 5 quid. It is only as strong as all monsters in play so it can be a high risk high reward in that if it survives its worth 3 points but if someone buys a strong monster it will be taken out.

I do agree that the game ends too soon. I always play to 20 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.