Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Worthington is picking up this game, woohoo! The name is changing to Prussia's Defiant Stand though. There a map shot and more news here on worthington's blog:

http://worthingtongames.blogspot.com/

Slated release is April 2007 which is right around the corner.

Congrats Ron!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jeff! I think the game really has come along nicely these last few months, and I'm very happy with the direction so far. I plan to demo it at Prezcon in February. Stay tuned for more news.

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently went with a new combat resolution system that is a big departure from the norm with these block games -- no more fistful of dice to roll. We're playtesting it now and may have to make some minor adjustments, but so far it seems to hold up well.

Thank you for your patience and support. Stay tuned for more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Westh Sorensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Ron

Can you give a few hints on how the new combat resolution system is?

Regards
Claus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created a "Combat Power" rating for each unit in multiples of 5 with 5 being the most common. Combat still is resolved by class, but now all units of a class will multiply their CP by their step strength and add the cumulative value for the class total CP. Players then roll one die and consult a combat table that gives the number of steps the opponent will suffer.

For example: Say Prussian Leader/Artillery units of Frederick and Schwerin face Austrian Leaders Charles and Daun. It's the first round and the Austrians are defending so they fire first. Charles's CP is 5 and he has 4 steps for total of CP 20, while Daun is CP 5 at 3 steps for a total CP of 15. The Class CP is 35 and the Austrian rolls one die for a "5" resulting in the Prussians suffering 2 step loss off highest units.

Frederick started at 4 steps and Schwerin 3 steps. The two step losses brings Fred to 3 and Schw to 2. Fred's CP is 15 x 3 = 45, and Schw's CP is 5 x 2 = 10. Total Prussian CP for this round is 55. The Prussian player rolls a 3 resulting in 3 step loss to the Austrians.

Now both sides would resolve Infantry then Cavalry the same way. The second round would be simultaneous fire and the rounds would continue until one side is eliminated or retreats from the field. At the end of a round of combat all 1 step units automatically retreat unless they are cav that just charged.

There are combat cards that can add or subtract CP values for a round of combat too. Only one card may be played per player, but most can be played in any round except the "surprise" and "great redoubt" cards.

Thanks for the interest. We'll try to get some more playtest reports out soon.

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.