7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Sushi Go vs Greed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the drafting mechanic and 7 Wonders is one of my favorite games. Now I want something simpler, so which one of these two games should I get?

Kind regards,
Xaykev.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are OK with the theme of Greed than I would suggest that. There are a lot of combos to find and some interesting decisions to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sushi Go is definitely the simpler game. You'll see everything there is to see in a play or two.

Greed is the better game of the two (I like it more than 7 Wonders, as well). Lots of room for clever play and plenty of card interactions. Your first game will feel completely random and a little overwhelming. After a play or two, you can start to pick out which cards work best with each other and start to pull out combos. I think it's criminally underrated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Greed is really excellent. I too like it a bit more than 7 Wonders. Of course, it doesn't accommodate such a large player count but on the other hand it's much quicker to set up and get started. There are some really fun and satisfying combos you can pull off that you just can't do with 7 Wonders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, everybody

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like most people have said, Sushi Go is the simpler game.

It is just the drafting and set collecting.

Greed is much more like a single Age of 7 Wonders with 12 cards, instead of 7.

We like to use Sushi Go to teach the drafting mechanic to players new to the drafting mechanic. Then Greed is for quick games, while 7 Wonders is for longer games.

I like Greed a lot more; Sushi Go is good, but, I get bored with it after a game or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seung-Bin Bae
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Greed, but Sushi Go is probably one of the simplest drafting game.
If you want simpler than 7 Wonders, but not too simple drafting game, consider Fairy Tale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.