tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
The ultimate sand-box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
strikes me as very odd. I've sent a msg to gf9 about the website and about the lack of promo material for the game. No response as of yet. I'm tempted to buy anyway due to me loving Spartacus and SoA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schnell
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are available now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Nojvok
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like someone was listening!

The rules have been posted and are now live on their site:

http://homeland.gf9games.com/How-To-Play

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Greek
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just read the rules. This game looks very promising! Gale Force Nine did it again, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and now Homeland! I am definitely going to buy this game and then maybe Firefly if I get a chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zabalaj wrote:
Just read the rules. This game looks very promising! Gale Force Nine did it again, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and now Homeland! I am definitely going to buy this game and then maybe Firefly if I get a chance ;)

Did it?

The rules look like they might work, but I would have to play in practice.

They initially come across as a fairly abstract card game... but I am certainly withholding judgement til I see more reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
zabalaj wrote:
Just read the rules. This game looks very promising! Gale Force Nine did it again, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and now Homeland! I am definitely going to buy this game and then maybe Firefly if I get a chance

Did it?

The rules look like they might work, but I would have to play in practice.

They initially come across as a fairly abstract card game... but I am certainly withholding judgement til I see more reviews.

I think the game is a little abstract in terms of narrative color operating in the field and thwarting terrorism. I think the more literary themes present in trying to further your career and push your own personal game while managing a team of agents in the field definitely comes through. Just my take though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first few plays I have to say the rulebook is not the best.

That aside, the mechanics are fairly easy to deduce, based on a few seemingly obvious assumptions (shuffling the intel deck at setup being one of them).

THe difficult thing to figure out is the strategy, the game has a high learning curve for the Agency players. The terrorist will probably win the first few games due to the agency not knowing how to play the game.

On our third game, we decided to co-ordinate on impact three threats, which seemed to be going well, the threats we could not co-ordinate on due to the limited intel we received, we drone striked. We nominated a threat to dump red cards into then drone striked it. This made it a lot more difficult for the terrorist player.

Playing like this we saw a lot more neutralized threats, but we were unable to finish the game as it was late. Not sure who to play the PO successfully yet, but due to the brutal difficulty for the agency, I think that the PO has to play the good guy for the majority of the game, see how the outcome is going to go , then try to sabotage late game to earn some more clout. All the while trading intel for clout as the game progresses.

For the Agency players, they NEED to co-ordinate, they will not win otherwise. Get at least two or three assets out asap! Assets are the key to winning the game IMO they are that strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.