Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I could swear there was a rule that said if the Lith secret/achievement card was revealed, then it was no good anymore. I seem to remember it being discussed as a strategy to reveal them when I was annoyed at the power of a few of the special cards.

Of course, I can find no such rule. Has my poor mind completely fabricated the rule or is it somewhere in the rule books and I missed it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The former

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
The former

Thanks, I figured that had to be the case, but I've been playing it that way for....uh...way too long so it felt cannon to me .

I have no idea how that rule got stuck in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of them are pretty hard to do if your opponent knows what you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps you were half remembering the rule that revealed cards cannot be used as tribute?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckessel wrote:
I could swear there was a rule that said if the Lith secret/achievement card was revealed, then it was no good anymore. I seem to remember it being discussed as a strategy to reveal them when I was annoyed at the power of a few of the special cards.

Of course, I can find no such rule. Has my poor mind completely fabricated the rule or is it somewhere in the rule books and I missed it?

I believe that it has been stated on these forums that they are useless once revealed, but by useless it was meant that the other player would never let you complete it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kessel
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
ckessel wrote:

I believe that it has been stated on these forums that they are useless once revealed, but by useless it was meant that the other player would never let you complete it.

Indeed, I think that was almost certainly what happened and my mind took "useless" an extra step into discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One good use for the Lith achievement cards that you never expect to accomplish is to use them as tribute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
One good use for the Lith achievement cards that you never expect to accomplish is to use them as tribute.

So long as they are unrevealed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.