Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Viticulture: Complete Collector's Edition» Forums » General

Subject: What's Different? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had my eye on Viticulture for a while and just noticed the Collector's Edition. Besides the crate-style box, is there anything different that I would be getting than if I were to go out now and buy a copy of Viticulture (2nd printing) and Tuscany? Trying to see if I can justify the price markup or not, and I don't think the box alone does that for me... Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
You'd have to look at the KS campaign to see what else was offered over standard copies of the game. I also received the metal coins with this set but not sure if that is standard issue with Tuscany or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at the Kickstarter campaigns but didn't feel like I got a clear answer. That's why I'm inquiring here with people who may have both in hand...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I looked again at the KS too. Coins are clearly an add for this. That's all I am sure on, sorry.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Schexnayder
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
There is no gameplay/component difference except for the metal coins instead of the cardboard coins and the crate sleeve. You get everything else by buying the two boxes seperately
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian and Charles! I had missed the difference with the coins. Thought that came with Tuscany, but I see now clearly it doesn't.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They are niiiiice coins. So much so that I have two extra sets and I normally struggle to justify this sort of pimping because it's not normally cost-justifiable IMO.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Steven: The retail version of Tuscany is exactly the same as the version of Tuscany on the Kickstarter page (there are a few notes about this on the project page, including on the "what's in the box" chart and under the stretch goal chart). There is a different version of Tuscany called Tuscany Prima, with the only different being that it contains the coin pack.

So if you bought Viticulture and Tuscany at your local game store, they would be exactly the same as the Kickstarter versions. You could then buy the coins from us through our fulfillment partner, MeepleSource: http://www.meeplesource.com/products.php?filter=metal+coins
4 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Jamey for giving the full run-down. Since the retailer I'm looking at says Tuscany Prima, it sounds like I'll get the metal coins, which is quite nice! Purchase made! Maybe I'll get this on the table with friends this weekend...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Collectors edition was a limited numbered production of the game's Original Manufacturer that was only available during the kickstarter campaign. That being said you may ask "Why am I also able to buy the Collectors Edition from a retailer". The answer is that the a retailer was able to buy multiple copies of the Collectors Edition and redistribute the game from their own store. Once these copies of the Collectors Edition are sold out, you will not be able to buy the Collectors Edition except for maybe a special auction from http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-2/ .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You'd have to look at the KS campaign to see what else was offered over standard copies of the game. I also received the metal coins with this set but not sure if that is standard issue with Tuscany or not.


I just recently picked this up used; did the Collector's edition come with only the metal coins, and no cardboard coins, or did it come with both? The copy I have only has the metal coins and I'm just trying to confirm if it is complete or not. I know it 'doesn't matter' - but if I decide to resell it, I'd like to know.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ConnerCP wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You'd have to look at the KS campaign to see what else was offered over standard copies of the game. I also received the metal coins with this set but not sure if that is standard issue with Tuscany or not.


I just recently picked this up used; did the Collector's edition come with only the metal coins, and no cardboard coins, or did it come with both? The copy I have only has the metal coins and I'm just trying to confirm if it is complete or not. I know it 'doesn't matter' - but if I decide to resell it, I'd like to know.

Thanks!


It comes with the cardboard coins as well as the metal ones.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
ConnerCP wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You'd have to look at the KS campaign to see what else was offered over standard copies of the game. I also received the metal coins with this set but not sure if that is standard issue with Tuscany or not.


I just recently picked this up used; did the Collector's edition come with only the metal coins, and no cardboard coins, or did it come with both? The copy I have only has the metal coins and I'm just trying to confirm if it is complete or not. I know it 'doesn't matter' - but if I decide to resell it, I'd like to know.

Thanks!


It comes with the cardboard coins as well as the metal ones.


thanks for the confirmation, I'll check with the seller to see if he kept them or pitched them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ConnerCP wrote:
Daybreak wrote:
ConnerCP wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You'd have to look at the KS campaign to see what else was offered over standard copies of the game. I also received the metal coins with this set but not sure if that is standard issue with Tuscany or not.


I just recently picked this up used; did the Collector's edition come with only the metal coins, and no cardboard coins, or did it come with both? The copy I have only has the metal coins and I'm just trying to confirm if it is complete or not. I know it 'doesn't matter' - but if I decide to resell it, I'd like to know.

Thanks!


It comes with the cardboard coins as well as the metal ones.


thanks for the confirmation, I'll check with the seller to see if he kept them or pitched them.
IIRC the cardboard coins were in the Viticulture box, the Metal ones were in the Tuscany box. The whole "crate" should have been shrink-wrapped - if it wasn't then I would suspect some shenanigans.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Snyder
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
IIRC the cardboard coins were in the Viticulture box, the Metal ones were in the Tuscany box. The whole "crate" should have been shrink-wrapped - if it wasn't then I would suspect some shenanigans.


It was a used copy, no shenanigans, he still has the cardboard money and I'll be getting them from him. thanks everyone (:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
After all this - I'm still a little confused.

Other than the wine box crate and having a unique collector's edition number is there anything different about the content of either of the two games included in the collector's edition other than the coins ?

To be clear is the difference between buying Tuscany Prima and Viticulture (2nd Edition) together and the Collector's edition the wine crate style box? Or are there any other differences?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin: There is no difference other than the individually numbered wine crate box that contains both Viticulture second edition and Tuscany Prima (Tuscany with the coins).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
Weehawken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey thank you !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.