Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an instance where my leader was attached to one unit (one block with leader attached), and they were adjacent to remnants of a light (green circle) unit (one block). I played a Rally card and rolled four dice - two helmets and two green circles.

I interpreted the Rally card and my roll to mean that I could bring the light (green) unit up to full strength OR, because I rolled two helmets, I could add two blocks to the one unit that was attached to a leader. Was this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In that situation, I would add two blocks to the light unit and two blocks to the unit with the leader. You could also add 3 blocks to the light and one block to the leader unit. Why do you think you are limited to only rallying one unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not only NOT limited to just one unit, but ALL your leaders can rally with whatever units they are adjacent or in the same hex.

I've found it hard to use the Rally card because of my greedy desire to get all my leaders next to hurt units, but that is the way the game works (both mechanically in terms of the rally, and psychologically in having us wrestle with our fears and greed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you order all units that Rallied? Even ones that have not lost units, but were eligable to Rally? or are the only units that can use the move and attack order the ones that recovered blocks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aram Schvey
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark --

I asked that question in an earlier forum post. I believe the consensus is that only units that recover blocks are rallied (and that healthy units cannot be rallied with the rally card).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the question was answered specifically in FAQ. If the unit does not actually add one or more block, it does not receive an order either.

Even if you had a rally point available that suited the full-strength unit, unless it gets a block, it isn't ordered.

You can download the most recent FAQ here.

http://www.thewargamer.com/ccancients/

PS- does anyone have an idea why this posting is not showing up in the forum list by the recent additions? It looks like it's 3 or 4 pages deep in "rules" and not showing up on the front page where "recent posts" normally come to the surface?

I've been noticing a lack of much writing about CCA but now I wonder if that's true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.