Subject: Thinking of Harry Potter-izing this game, thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game itself is great, but a great many of my friends are fanatical about Harry Potter. That said, I've considered just changing the theme, but I have toyed around with the idea of changing a couple aspects.

The bookmarks would be characters instead of wizards. I thought of doing either Harry, Hermione, Ron, Draco Malfoy, & Neville, or just making them the house names (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw), but that would leave me with one extra, so I don't know what I would do there.

The main idea here is just change the pictures on the cards (I believe Tom Vasel mentions a site where they'll make custom cards for you), so I would change King to Dumbledore, Queen to McGonagall, Rogue to Lucius Malfoy, or something of that nature, trying to keep the character's action at least close to the theme of the books/movies.

I would change the names of the spells to spells of Hogwartz.

Then make new item cards specific to the movie.

Don't know if I'd change coins yet, but don't know what to change them to.

Aside from the theme, I've toyed around with the idea of changing the mechanics slightly.

Each character's spellbook is different and character-unique. This way it's difficult to know what may come up on any given round. The tie is based on spell number and previous round. I'm not really sure if I'm thinking just switching the spells around, or actaully giving each character their own unique spells. What my thinking was, once I renamed them, look at how each character developed their spells in the story, and implement that accordingly.

Let me know what you think of the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Deuschle
United States
Addison
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a great idea. I would love to see your end result. Your thoughts in your post are better than any Harry Potter themed game currently published, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.