United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quest Machine and its parent company Songbird Productions along with BoardGameGeek are proud to announce the "Heroes Incorporated Giveaway Contest"

There are 6 multiple choice questions, and each correct answer gives you an entry into a drawing for one of 10 copies of the Heroes Incorporated board game.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/contest/heroes/

Entries must be made before 12 Midnight, November 5, 2006. You must be a registered BoardGameGeek member to play and a resident of the United States. Winners will be announced on BoardGameGeek.com on Monday, November 6.

Update: If you entered the contest - within the past 15 minutes (before 5:00pm CDT), then enter again! Sorry about the problem.

Update #2: How could I forget the microbadge! There will be a microbadge that goes along with this contest - awarded at contest end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer page shows answers for the last contest Cleopatra and Society of Architects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuts, I must have clicked on the wrong answer for the last one. I knew the right answer, but got it wrong (didn't tell me which option I chose).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
It's not letting me put an answer to both #5 and #6 (when #6 is answered, the #5 answer disappears and vice versa). This may be the previous poster's problem.

Edit: problem fixed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I messed something up with a cut & paste. Try again if you just entered in the past 15 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
A respectful question, not meant to discourage such events in the future, nor one voiced out of jealousy (well, perhaps a little ): what is the reason these quizzes are restricted to people living in the US? Is there a legal reason for it? Or a practical one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
cymric wrote:
A respectful question, not meant to discourage such events in the future, nor one voiced out of jealousy (well, perhaps a little ): what is the reason these quizzes are restricted to people living in the US? Is there a legal reason for it? Or a practical one?

It's up to the sponsor. Sometimes the cost/hassle of international shipping is too great to incur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Looks like I messed something up with a cut & paste. Try again if you just entered in the past 15 minutes.

Works great now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Banks
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Worked fine for me -- I got four right, in spite of completely blind guessing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I entered the correct answer for 6 but it said I was wrong yet I marke dthe answer it gave me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Vailliencourt
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yay! 6 correct entries

(game looks cool too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that Quest Machine was around no longer. Has this changed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC, is there going to be microbadge for this contest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
I was under the impression that Quest Machine was around no longer. Has this changed?

Songbird Productions bought Quest Machine...

http://www.questmachine.com/pressrelease2.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Not too bad. quick scan of the rules and I got all 6 right. Though the 3rd question was a bit tricky I thought. Educated guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
CRIME FIGHTING DOES PAY (especially when free games are involved!)

As you now all can see, Songbird (that's me) has acquired the Quest Machine label, including the complete inventory and publishing rights to the Heroes Incorporated board game. This does not include any rights to unpublished QM games, just Heroes Inc and its previously unpublished expansion S.U.P.E.R.

I would love to hear some feedback from owners of the game - what you like, what could be improved, and so on. I'm running this contest and ad campaign on BGG in hopes of generating some renewed interest in the game, because I have ideas for one expansion and possibly another. I personally have played many games of Heroes Inc with friends or with my son, and I think this is an excellent "light" game with some tongue-in-cheek super hero competition to boot.

I already have a few things which will hopefully spark something for both new and existing fans:

* S.U.P.E.R. expansion is now available for purchase exclusively at QM/Songbird
* Active BGG presence where I can address rules questions and update the official FAQ (and believe me, I will consult with the original designers, too!)
* Offering the Heroes Inc game for only $22.95 direct from Songbird during the 2-week BGG contest
* Updates to the QM website
* Commitment to produce at least one more expansion featuring new heroes, new villains, and new actions

So, everybody enjoy the contest, and I look forward to reading feedback on the game in this thread, on the HI and S.U.P.E.R. BGG pages, and via PM/email. Happy gaming!

EDIT: You can find the PDF of the rules on the lefthand side of the main page of http://questmachine.com . The rules contain all the answers to the trivia questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can us non u.s. residents enter to get the microbadge?

I have to be honest, this whole u.s. only thing is really starting to give me the runs, especially when there are microbadges on the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
BTW, to any USA resident who orders Heroes Inc from Songbird during the contest, and then subsequently wins the contest: I will either refund your original purchase or send you a 2nd game. It's up to you. So don't be bashful, order while it's cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
scotto wrote:

I have to be honest, this whole u.s. only thing is really starting to give me the runs, especially when there are microbadges on the line.

Go ahead and enter to get the badge. We'll filter on countries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

My family has a cottage in the U.S. that you can ship to. How do I make sure you don't filter me out because I'm Canadian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barak Engel
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
And the Geek shall Inherit the Earth
badge
I am the unholy trinity: Agnostic, Atheist, and Skeptic.
mbmbmb
Heh I guess it was bound to happen one day if I kept doing these - by guessing the answers I actually got all of them correct. Of course, I still won't ever win a competition, but at least I feel lucky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott De Regt
Australia
Montville
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
scotto wrote:

Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carl and Aldie - Thanks for the contest guys! BTW nice micro Carl thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hor
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

But if you filter on countries... won't that exclude people who currently live out of the US but have a US address to ship the game to? That's the situation in my case anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've never seen a flying hogfish. I saw one gliding once, but never flying, not actually flying.
United Kingdom
Tyne & Wear
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was going to read the rules to get the questions right, then I figured, why try to get the right is I can't win a copy for living in the wrong country? Random guessing ensued, five out of six right, hurrah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.