United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allow a thread (first post) to include a poll. Possible options:

- Unlimited items
- Single or multi select
- Show results: always, only after voting, after some preset period, only when creator allows
- Optional "other" category for write-ins

Polls would allow certain types of questions to be answered objectively rather than in a 50-page thread. Only those who had additional comments would need to reply. The poll results would be an excellent summary of the topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If this suggestion were a poll, I'd vote yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are about 3 other threads on this one, but I'd prefer to see them not associated with a thread--just standing on their own. Particularly, I want to see the ability to set up poll questions about a particular game and associate it in such a way that it appears on the game page.

This way, we could get things like optimal number of players, rating as a kids game, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Randy Cox wrote:
...but I'd prefer to see them not associated with a thread--just standing on their own.

The thing is, the poll results are often something that people want to discuss. Why force a separate thread for that when they can be directly linked. You could always have a separate list of polls for a game that links to the threads themselves (although polls don't need to be for just games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.