Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Keller
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played Descent a few times now and haven't had many problems with the rules. One thing has bothered me though. What do you do when a hero draws a card that gives the hero a potion and tells him to draw another treasure card? Does one hero take the potion and draw the card not knowing what it is? Or do all heroes get a potion and another card is then drawn?

Basically, do all heroes get the bonus items and get to see the next drawn card before it is revealed? Or does someone offer to take the card, get the bonus, and then draw the next card from the top of the treasure deck and keep it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Treasure gets opened. Heroes pick who gets it first. First hero draws a treasure card - if it is a "potion +" he gets a potion and another draw. Once he has his treasure the next hero draws.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Keller
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We've been playing it wrong. I've allowed the heroes to draw the appropriate amount of treasure cards first and then distribute them based on what they are and what each hero needs.

Thanks for the quick response, Matt. I've been looking through these forums the past few weeks and have noticed that your posts have been a valuable source of information. Just wanted you to know that these posts are helpful and appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.