Hide
13 Posts

Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Retail contents anomaly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Harrison
msg tools
Something I haven't seen mentioned is the fact the retail box depicts skeletons and the necromancer on the cover but no actual undead come with the game. It will of course come with a necromancer too.
Isn't this misleading?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Solar wind wrote:
Something I haven't seen mentioned is the fact the retail box depicts skeletons and the necromancer on the cover but no actual undead come with the game. It will of course come with a necromancer too.
Isn't this misleading?

I don't think the front cover is ever relied upon that much as a guide for what you get in the box - it's more of a grand picture of the theme to draw you in. The back cover normally depicts the actual contents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the stretch goals added skeletons and mummies, so I think undeads are covered. They're not KS exclusive so I think they'll be in the retail version as well. The King box just has even more of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Harrison
msg tools
rmaia wrote:
the stretch goals added skeletons and mummies, so I think undeads are covered. They're not KS exclusive so I think they'll be in the retail version as well. The King box just has even more of them.

Not for retail though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that everything not marked as KS exclusive would also be found in the retail box.. I might be wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Harrison
msg tools
rmaia wrote:
I was under the impression that everything not marked as KS exclusive would also be found in the retail box.. I might be wrong though.

Retailers will be sent the core box. The additions through stretch goals are rewards for the backers. If they are not exclusive they will be sold separately later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
rmaia wrote:

Of course you're wrong. That would be an absurd amount of miniatures to find in a base game. The core box will be as is listed on the page. And that is already a lot of miniatures and sculpts compared to the average for this type of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Solar wind wrote:
Isn't this misleading?

It is uncommon for the front cover to show stuff that isn't in the game, but not completely unheard of. Normally, yes, the picture gives you an indication of what the game offers (in the case of games like HeroQuest they tried to include every type of monster possible on the single picture). Of course, most people will at least glance at the back of a box before purchasing.

It has always been my suspicion that skeletons were intended to be in the base game, but when Monolith realised that was never going to be feasible they broke it out into the separate King pledge. I mean, they also said the base game was going to have three Conans, so they clearly had to adjust their expectations of what they could offer at a sensible price point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solar wind wrote:
Isn't this misleading?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Morgan
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
It's Clan Mackintosh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solar wind wrote:
Isn't this misleading?

#1. I don't think this is even the confirmed box cover art.

#2. Base skeletons are SG, not exclusives (alt sculpts are exclusives). Nothing says they won't be in the final retail box.

#3. Skuthus also not marked as KS exclusive either. He's your necromancer and has been in core box since the beginning (leaders row).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephmo wrote:

#2. Base skeletons are SG, not exclusives (alt sculpts are exclusives). Nothing says they won't be in the final retail box.

i am sure they said that the SG will not be in the retail box,but will come later maybe in little box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any stretch goals that are not kickstarter exclusive just means they will be for sale later at retail in some form at an additional cost. They will not be included in the retail copy of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
rmaia wrote:

Of course you're wrong. That would be an absurd amount of miniatures to find in a base game. The core box will be as is listed on the page. And that is already a lot of miniatures and sculpts compared to the average for this type of game.

that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.