Jan Marian
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Guys!

We're playing new campaing with new set of characters and Tomble came in play. I'm wondering about his trait:
"If you're attacked while adjacent to other hero, you may add his defense dice pool to yours" (more or less).

Now, I tried to find any clarification in FAQ and forums, but apparently I cannot. How to understand "if you're attacked"? Does it mean "if you're a target of attack" only or "if you're affected by any attack"?
I mean, if shadow dragon attacks some other hero and then use fire breath to affect Tomble - can he use the ability?
I assume that it must be triggered by attack action specifically, correct? I mean, any overlord cards that does damage (some traps etc.) won't trigger this ability?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Summer
Germany
flag msg tools
There is an attack when attack+defense dice are rolled.
So in this case there is no difference if target or affected and both trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need to roll defense, you are being attacked (assuming your defense pool isn't empty.) That may be the result of an attack targeting you, or a surge spent of fire breath or blast that means an attack merely affects you. It may be a formal attack action, or some other action containing an attack (my favorite example is the elemental's "Fire" action.)

Something like "Incendiary Arrows" would not be considered an attack- you are not rolling defense results against attack results, you're merely suffering damage from a card effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Marian
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you guys for quick response.
I thought it's the case but wanted to confirm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.