5 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adding the Band of brothers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fela Kuti
msg tools
mbmb
I've bought Band of brothers (additional ghosts cards) and to add them it is required to remove randomly other ghosts cards from the deck, but I don't like the idea any of those beautiful cards beeing excluded from the game. I know I can just add them but it will make the game a bit harder, and I'm not ready for this yet What You think of the idea of putting two new cards in the deck below Wu-Feng and two of them above? It would increase difficulty adding two ghosts but decrease it at the same time by giving some more time to bit Wu-Feng. Would it be ballanced? I'm new in this game so I would like to read the opinion from more experienced players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The solution is to play as described, but play more often so you see all your cards.

Once you have mastered the game you can add more ghosts to increase difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanaƫl Dufour
France
Lille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fela_kuti wrote:
I've bought Band of brothers (additional ghosts cards) and to add them it is required to remove randomly other ghosts cards from the deck, but I don't like the idea any of those beautiful cards beeing excluded from the game. I know I can just add them but it will make the game a bit harder, and I'm not ready for this yet What You think of the idea of putting two new cards in the deck below Wu-Feng and two of them above? It would increase difficulty adding two ghosts but decrease it at the same time by giving some more time to bit Wu-Feng. Would it be ballanced? I'm new in this game so I would like to read the opinion from more experienced players.

IMO, adding Ghosts at the bottom does not only makes the game easier, it also changes it, because it removes a lot of what made facing Wu-Feng an emergency. I'd suggest simply adding them or remove 4 ghosts randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fela Kuti
msg tools
mbmb
I've just won my first solo on normal level (without Band of brothers expansion)so I feel encouraged to add four more ghost to the deck
Thank You for advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Swapping the ghosts out randomly does indeed remove beautiful cards, but there is another way to look at it. By slightly randomizing the deck, you are increasing the possible permutations of the ghost deck exponentially. This adds an immense amount of replayability, since you not only never know which incarnation you'll be facing, but you'll not be able to predict which ghosts, or how many of each, will be in the deck in any given game. Beautiful madness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.