Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Olson
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FWIW, I feel that this game is even better with 3 than 4 because it makes it so that all players divide the cards about the same number of tiems and reduces the randomness of the card draw by having all 3 players use the same deal. This makes for a game that is just as yet makes long-term strategies easier to develop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll never play it 4 player again either. 3 player it's a sweet, sweet game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's also more fiddly with 4 players due to the method of splitting/revealing/choosing cards.

another big problem for me with 4 is that luck takes a larger role. in a 3-player game, there are 3 lots from the same card draw every round and over the course of the game you have a relatively equal opportunity at acquiring those cards. in a 4-player game you will never have a chance to touch half the cards - and what if the doges only show up in the lots you're restricted from? that happened in the 4-player game i played. i think it even breaks the game to some extent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.