Subject: KS Hype +CW rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Orr
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets get some more hype rolling for this KS!

Also Cthulhu Wars is available on one of the pledge levels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
HYPE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

thanks for your support and all the buzz you're making about "Theomachy"! The pages of the English edition are relatively fresh, but there is much more stuff on the original game's page: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/129951/teomachia

Two new ones were created due to the changes in the titles and some very slight in gameplay, but in fact it's pretty much still the same game we'll be updating both new entries soon, but meanwhile feel free to subscribe to the original entry and comment there as well!

Historical Games Factory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zucho wrote:
Hi all,

Two new ones were created due to the changes in the titles and some very slight in gameplay, but in fact it's pretty much still the same game we'll be updating both new entries soon, but meanwhile feel free to subscribe to the original entry and comment there as well!

Historical Games Factory

Some very slight changes? I backed the KS campaigns for the new editions, until Sandy told me that the English editions each contain two of the original characters.
Since I bought the game already in Essen last year and see myself now faced with the decision to pass on the new characters or buy two new games that both offer not much new, I find this decision completely inapprehensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magermilchmagier wrote:
Some very slight changes? I backed the KS campaigns for the new editions, until Sandy told me that the English editions each contain two of the original characters.
Since I bought the game already in Essen last year and see myself now faced with the decision to pass on the new characters or buy two new games that both offer not much new, I find this decision completely inapprehensible.

The German edition available in Essen has four pantheons: Celtic, Norse, Greek and Sumerian. Both new English "Theomachies" have 2 old pantheons and 2 completely new ones (plus those unlocked as stretch goals), which means that you get twice as much content. The prayer decks are also changed to make them unique and differ from each other. Plus you get the Priest and Prophets expansion and maybe more - if further stretch goals are reached.

By "versy slight changes" I mean that the core mechanics of the game is still the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zucho wrote:
Magermilchmagier wrote:

The German edition available in Essen has four pantheons: Celtic, Norse, Greek and Sumerian. Both new English "Theomachies" have 2 old pantheons and 2 completely new ones (plus those unlocked as stretch goals), which means that you get twice as much content. The prayer decks are also changed to make them unique and differ from each other. Plus you get the Priest and Prophets expansion and maybe more - if further stretch goals are reached.

By "versy slight changes" I mean that the core mechanics of the game is still the same.

@Piotr
My problem is, since I already own the German edition, I do not get twice as much content. Instead, if I get one of the English boxes, 50% of the content will be something I already own. I don't want that, no matter how beautiful the art is.
I just don't understand why it was decided to divide the German box into two English boxes and fill those up again. If one of the English boxes had been about the same pantheons as the German box and the other one new, I would have supported the KS to get the new box. Now I dropped my pledge because I don't want to buy the content of my Theomachy edition a second time.
Anyway, the decision was made and I dropped my pledge. I am just glad that I heard about it before the KS was over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Zuchowski
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagda, I understand your point and it's perfectly clear for me why you decided to drop the pledge. The KS was targeted mainly at English-speaking gamers (mostly American) who obviously couldn't be familiar with any of the earlier European editions. Therefore the idea to split the game into two boxes - to give them more choice and make the game more "modular", I would say. Plus now you can play with up to 8 people at once. However, for an owner of the German edition, it's necessary to buy both boxes to get the double content (8 pantheons instead of 4, plus additional pantheons unlocked as stretch goals) and it's quite natural you don't want to buy the same stuff for the second time only to have some new stuff.

If a German "upgrade pack" with new pantheons was offered without the need to buy the whole game again - would you consider backing such a project?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@Piotr
Yes, I would consider getting a German expansion /upgrade. But I have to admit, the reason for splitting the German box for the English version is beyond my understanding.
If you had translated the German box and made a second box with new pantheons, the English backers had still the same amount of content while expansions could be used no matter which language the core game is (without doubles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Living in the US, I had never heard of this game until the Kickstarter project began. So I'm all in. More pantheons, please!

Having said that, I respect where Dagda is coming from. It's never a good feeling to see a revised edition of a game I enjoy that includes lots of content I already own, plus a lot that I don't. It feels so inefficient.

Offering an upgrade pack is a great solution.

Did I mention more pantheons, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.