Popular Tags: [View All]
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Not sure how good this will be for most, but if you're looking to get into Railways of the World, it's a nice deal!
There are several arrangements with prices from $75 to about $100. Shipping is free for all orders over $75.

Here is what I got for $90 shipped:

Railways of the World
Railways of Great Britain expansion
Masters gallery (Knizia lighter card game version of modern art card game)
Venture (classic Sid Sackson card game)
What's my word (well regarded 2 player word game)
Yin Yang (Knizia trick taking game)

What I wanted was Railways and the expansion, which even at online discount prices would have run me about $75. So getting 4 other games, which sell for about $15 each normally, for only $15 more seemed very nice.

www.eaglegames.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great deal. If I didn't already own so many of those games, I'd be on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
FranklinT wrote:
Eagle Games Valentine's sale--Railways of the world

suggestion, see

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal

for suggestions for what to put into both the "subject" and the body of a "hot deal" post... most notably you didn't include a price in the subject *nor* the body

fwiw it looks like base game is on sale for $60
https://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Ho...
their regular price appears to be $80

imho, ymmv

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
FranklinT wrote:
Eagle Games Valentine's sale--Railways of the world

suggestion, see

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/656400/whats-a-hot-deal

for suggestions for what to put into both the "subject" and the body of a "hot deal" post... most notably you didn't include a price in the subject *nor* the body

fwiw it looks like base game is on sale for $60
https://www.eaglegames.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Ho...
their regular price appears to be $80

imho, ymmv

Thanks, I'll check out that thread. But this is a "variety sale," not really one particular game, so I figure one mostly needs to know that eagle games is running a sale. I did include the price I paid, $90, but the price does depend on which bundle you pick. For me, the $90 bundle was a bargain, as I was going to pay $75 plus for Railways and an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zollom
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't feel obligated to justify your post. Do what the rest of us do, ignore him.

Thanks for posting, it was very informative and helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of items on sale to list separately. In addition to the Variety bundles:

Francis Drake - $49.99
Defenders of the Realm - $59.99
Triassic Terror - $34.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah despite being a forum to help people get games, it's pretty easy to pick up a lot of flack trying to post anything in here. Bravo for your contribution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of choices. Thanks for posting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
Huh. This is a pretty clever way for them to offload some junk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I thought I had mined all the gaming goodness out of this sale, but I ended up taking a second dip, this time in bundle #4. I've really been wanting to get FantastiQa, and I wanted another Railroads expansion. Here's what I got the second time around, for $75 shipped. (I am hereby done with this sale, lest the wife kills me).

Fantastiqa Rucksack Edition (coolstuff is the only other place I found it, and at the full $40 retail)

Railways of Europe (An expansion I really wanted)

Incan Gold (I already have this, but just the gems are worth it, or give it as a gift. Great game.)

Monad (Very odd Sid Sackson game that I want to try)

Why Did the Chicken? (Don't care for party games, but at least this one allows for creativity, and there was nothing else I wanted in this tier.)

Fzzzt! Tin Box Edition (I'm excited about this one. Several reviewers (Joel Eddy, Tom Vasel, Ender) all were very surprised by how much fun it is. Has deck building and very neat blind bidding.

Just Fantastiqa and railways europe would have cost me about $62 after my coolstuff discount, so seemed like it's worth the risk to try the other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Huh. This is a pretty clever way for them to offload some junk.

That was exactly my first response. I was thinking, man, everything after the first 2 tiers is junk. But upon closer inspection, there's at least 1 diamond in the rough for every category. Though I don't know if it'd be worth it for someone not interested in the Railways of the World Series. Those are the major value adders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.