18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Boardgame Warehouse] Dead of Winter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Fly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pre orders shipping tomorrow $40.40. They will combine with in-stock items toward the free shipping. I ordered mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamewarehouse.com/dead-of-winter-a-crossroads-ga...

Showing 7 left
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

Tomorrow once we've received in all of our copies and checked them for damage we'll have more so I would check back often if you miss out on the pre-order allotment. I didn't want to sell the # shipped and then have 5-6 copies be * Dent & Ding * quality. Just fyi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
literally every single game I want to use a filler to pad the order to $100 is currently out of stock...

Edit: dead, for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*foams*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
NeoGenesisX wrote:
*foams*

You should see a doctor about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas or not
msg tools
ryocho wrote:
literally every single game I want to use a filler to pad the order to $100 is currently out of stock...

Edit: dead, for now

My cart - which is waiting for the next round of [Dead] of Winter - has cosmic encounter on pre-order. I appreciate that BGW is letting me do that. Instead of loading my cart with copies of Hanabi I got two other games I've wanted for a long time. I know they won't come in the same box but that's okay. Cosmic Encounter will be a happy surprise when it arrives.

EDIT: Apparently the entire order will be held until Cosmic Encounter arrives so I'll have to find something else to put there. Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas or not
msg tools
Back in stock at $40.40 shows 12 left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Back in stock with 8 left ATM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game really that good, or just the new kid on the block?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
truthd wrote:

New kid on the block. However it is going to be even harder to find once tabletop goes live.

Its a good game, but I prefer BSG. I am happy to have it, but I wouldn't pay an outrageous price for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas or not
msg tools
It's reviewed really well and has some new and interesting mechanics (namely, the cross road cards). That said in 5 years it'll probably the fist game to do this but not the best game.

I haven't played it but I've read a lot about it and the consensus seems to be that it's extremely fun and novel but there are some drawbacks and design flaws. Sometimes the story gets a bit broken (as will happen with semi randomly generated story), sometimes one player will end up with more survivors than the others and have much longer turns, and sometimes the game seems unwinnable because the cards just weren't there. There is also a betrayer mechanic which has presented the problem of the betrayer tanking the game for the other guys despite not being able to accomplish his objective and winning. He can just make sure everyone else loses too which i can see being a bit crap. Some folks think it's similar to and not as good as BattleStar Galactica. Others disagree. But even the folks who lobbed complaints at the game said it was brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These games will also be a series. On their website, the publishers were polling people asking what other themes in the series they would want to see. So if their are design issues, they'll work them out at some point.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas or not
msg tools
and it's gone again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
These games will also be a series. On their website, the publishers were polling people asking what other themes in the series they would want to see. So if their are design issues, they'll work them out at some point.

Jorune

They are already working on a space themed one. I figure I can wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truthd wrote:

I will say this. I do not own the game. I've passed on buying it to make sure I can move every copy to others.

That said, I really really enjoyed playing it the few times I've had a chance. I think it strikes on a great balance of theme and game play. Plaid Hat has also done a solid job on the components and aesthetics, which I find of great importance.

I cannot wait until it's more readily available and the next Cross Road game appears to add a new theme. As much as I love Zombie games I really like hitting on Alien or medieval/fantasy themes. There is just something really enjoyable about the game and the system that's been built. I will counter point myself by saying the few times I've played it were with very solid local groups that played their roles well and picked up on the game quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Stauffer
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a solid game but it didn't wow our game group so having one copy in the group has been more than enough. Having said that... Add a fantasy, scifi or other theme and tweak some of the mechanics that need a little work and I will be all over it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Mark
United States
Clever
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myhowdy wrote:
It is a solid game but it didn't wow our game group so having one copy in the group has been more than enough. Having said that... Add a fantasy, scifi or other theme and tweak some of the mechanics that need a little work and I will be all over it...

Give me an Alien(s) themed version ala Legendary Encounters... Ooof *drool*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.