Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will McKinnon
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In reality, this game was probably designed for one thing and one thing only, and that is to get as much out of the Nascar license as possible. It certainly isn't a fancy game. It consists of a nicely produced gameboard with a racing oval printed on it. There are 4 lanes around the track that provide space for the 2-4 players it was designed for. Each lane is divided into equal segements, some of which a labeled "Pit Card". Each player chooses a race car from the included 4 "collector" cars representing some great racing legends. I had never heard of them, but I'm not into Nascar. (The game was a gift for my son) Someone rolls the die to determine how many laps the race will last. (Pray you don't roll anything higher than a 3) Then each player rolls a single die which advances their car around the track. If your car happens to land on a space labeled with the "Pit Card", you draw the card and see if you get to roll again, lose a turn, advance or fall back. The first player to finish all the laps wins. And that is pretty much as exciting as it gets.

Strategy: None. This game is 100% luck.

Replay value: Virtually none. Even my children have a hard time getting to the end of this one. It is in the same vein as candyland and chutes & ladders. They certainly have their place as a simple childrens game and a semi-educational tool but have almost no fun factor. I say almost because the kids do get some joy out of rolling a six every now and then (which allows you to roll again). And who can complain about winning? Even if the whole thing was an exercise in the luck of the roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.