Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: storage [+] wargames [+] [View All]
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since last week I'm the proud owner of Paths of Glory, which is my first wargame with a poster as board and small counters without anything to store them. So here's my question: How do you store the board, counters and cards in order to keep everything in mint condition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all the counters in ziplocks and the cards in protectors (and then in a big ziplock or deck box). The board and rules just go into the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a huge stickler for condition, honestly, so I just use the little bags that came with my copy....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Small baggies are great because it keeps all the units in seperate compartments. Counter trays are awesome, but I think there may be too many counters for that in this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Counters in the baggies that came with the game, cards in protectors in the boxes (100 capactity) the protectors came in. With the all the extras (Players Guide, 2001 map and the 2004 mounted map w/rules) the lid doesn't lay flush anymore, but I'm reluctant to put the old maps & rules elsewhere or take the cards out of the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, this evening I'm going to 'bag' the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Leao
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
Quick question regarding card protectors---(since a card or two have already been damaged by overenthusiastic players)--can you still shuffle the cards in those things without taking them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Altoids tins

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soldatoj57 wrote:
Quick question regarding card protectors---(since a card or two have already been damaged by overenthusiastic players)--can you still shuffle the cards in those things without taking them out?

I bought the cheapest transparant cardprotectors (2,50 for 100 sleeves), Magic-size. The cards shuffle not as good as they would do without, but they shuffle without falling out of their sleeves (unless you really go wild!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami S
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, you can either use transparent protectors or if the damage is obvious enough to id the card, you can buy some protectors that have a colored background (in this case get 2 different color, 1 red 1 black )

soldatoj57 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.