Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: newyork [+] [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone tell me if there are any board game clubs or organizations located in the Western NY Buffalo area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive my New York City perspective (over the Hudson? How far apart can they be?)...

But there is a decent and vocal board game community in Upstate New York. Not sure if it is near to you or not, but even if not, they may have an idea of what is closer to you...I know much more the ones that play wargames but I assume they play other stuff too.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jurassic/RBS/home.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the RBS has a sister group in Buffalo that meets every month at the University there. The best place to find out about it is probably from the RBS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buffalo is a good 8 hour drive from NYC, so all those gaming groups are slightly out of our reach .

There are two gaming groups in Buffalo. One plays Euros and meets every Wednesday night. We can be found on meetup.com (search Buffalo + boardgames). The other is called Bacsim and meets the first Saturday of every month. They are more likely to play wargames and lengthier strategy games. Their group is on yahoo. Some of us from Wednesday night usually are there playing Euros as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if there are any board game clubs or organizations located in the Western NY Buffalo area?

No, but if ever a group of people needed something to do inside for a week or so, its you poor people in Buffalo. Those recent snow photos looked brutal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ostrander
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcbeth wrote:
And the RBS has a sister group in Buffalo that meets every month at the University there. The best place to find out about it is probably from the RBS.

The Rochester Boardgame Society meets the third Saturday of every month in Rochester (60 miles from Buffalo) There are 4-6 people who show up from Buffalo every month so if you were ever interested you could probably carpool. We also have people that end up in Buffalo for the 1st Saturday of the month mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Douglass
United States
East Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodney,

Here is a link to our meetup group: http://boardgames.meetup.com/85/

We meet every Wednesday at Higher Grounds coffee house at 6:30. There are generally people there until the place closes at midnight. Our attendance varies from 10 - 20 people on any given wednesday with there usually being 12-15 or so players. As Meej mentioned, the wednesday meetups are usually spent playing short to medium length euros, but someone does occasionally manage to organize a longer game like Empire Builder or something of that time frame. Feel free to drop by our meetup site and shoot our organizer an email if you are interested in attending.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Douglass
United States
East Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for applying Rodney. If Don doesnt get on approving your acceptance, I'll kick him in the pants. Now get on logging your collection so we can see what you have that nobody else does!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an easy way to log my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
meej wrote:
We can be found on meetup.com (search Buffalo + boardgames).

Our game group is awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I believe I finally got all my games listed on here under my profile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.