Subject: Nordheim Expansion by Croc & Sippik rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Lardinois

Dayton
Ohio
msg tools
mbmb
This was just posted in the KS comments...even though it's a translation there are some interesting tidbits about this expansion in there.

Quote:
jfmagic16 10 minutes ago

croc about expansions in French Forum :

Hey guys, here are words from CROC, translated from the french forum after some peope asked for more info on how the expansion works :

For anyone thinking Nordheim will be heavily focused on combat...
Well...
What did you expect? I'm being called out on the CONAN project, on a Nordheim expansion, and I would suddenly decide to bring in knitting or Sudoku (and bring Conan along)?
Hey guys, you'd better wake up! I'm Bloodlust's Designer, not pacfist-RPG. Yup, it'll smell like blood n' sweat; we'll hear the dying's pleas for help and weapons tearing through flesh. This is what we're here for!
That being said, 2 of the 4 scenarios will force Conan to use his brains over brawns, because his opponents will be trickier than the god of Mischief.... And if he can't do that, his companions will lend a hand.

[...]

The specifications on Sippik and my involvement were simple : trust. This allows much better teamwork.
[We]'re working on several types of magic (Necromancy and Ice Magic), and, topping that, how to use it with the Book of Skelos. I have a knack to try and create funny events (well... funny for one side at least)

[...]

The first scenario focuses on a huge battle happening around the protagonists, with special rules taking that in account.
Giants are much more than mere big creatures. The book of Skelos must intervene in the way they're used.
And all of this without having to scroll through tons of "special rules", of course.

CROC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I'm so tempted but I'm really stretching my budget by getting the basic pledge already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's me, the fabulous
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds great, I'll buy it at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Snake
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope there will be more gameplay mechanics because it seems very dull for the moment: scenario 1: fight, scenario 2: fight and there it goes again with 3 and 4. I love the north kingdoms of Hyboria but for now the Kithai mechanics are better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
blablabla
badge
lololo
mbmbmbmbmb
Atali? Frost giants? Croc?
Count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.