Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
39 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Is Eater MaxX the new Andysucker/Katman? Is Astrolight>Astrobiotics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Eater MaxX stronger than Noiseshop? Is Chakana Noise stronger than "regular" Noise? Is MaxX really as powerful as Andy/Kate? I've seen a lot of MaxX decks (some of which won tournaments) and almost none had a fracter. How do they deal with Wraparoud? pay 1c for Knifed+6c to break with Eater?

And is Astrolight (NEH w/ToL and space ICE) stronger than "regular" NEH?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Is Eater MaxX stronger than Noiseshop?

Eater was strong last weekend because a lot of people were unprepared for it. Once people catch up it will lose a lot of steam.

kroen wrote:
Is Chakana Noise stronger than "regular" Noise?

I don't think so. It is a neat trick but it is a lot of work when we can just wipe virus counters.

kroen wrote:
Is MaxX really as powerful as Andy/Kate?

Yes, I think she is.

kroen wrote:
I've seen a lot of MaxX decks (some of which won tournaments) and almost none had a fracter. How do they deal with Wraparoud? pay 1c for Knifed+6c to break with Eater?

That is what I have seen.

kroen wrote:
And is Astrolight (NEH w/ToL and space ICE) stronger than "regular" NEH?

I think it is still too early to answer this one, but my inkling is no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noose Cartwright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eater MaxX seems to be very effective against unprepared Players, thats about it. Its my belief that Eater simply isn't worth the draw back of being unable to access an is a very over rated card. (Which I proved by Not getting a single corp loss at our O&C Event)

I am yet to see a dedicated Chakana Noise being played, I have seen Noise decks run Chakana and slow those FA decks down a little but purge is a thing so...

MaxX is powerful, but requires a damn good pilot to be used effectively, because of this I don't think she is as powerful as kate or gabe as anyone can run those.

Astrolight doesn't seem a very good match up vs big rigs or Non-eater Anarchs, (Although NEH is still nuts) I think its better to stick to the old classic NEH builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem I see is Crisium Grid for Eater.

Wraparound -> Host Knight
Swordsman -> Femme Fatale 2c break

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dread Sovereign wrote:
Eater MaxX seems to be very effective against unprepared Players, thats about it. Its my belief that Eater simply isn't worth the draw back of being unable to access an is a very over rated card. (Which I proved by Not getting a single corp loss at our O&C Event)

I would like to see how well you are prepared against launched recursive Account Siphons from Same Old Things, Keyholes and blowing up remotes with Singularity. Got those Scorches in hand? Wanton Destruction them.

Also, Retrieval Run -> Femme Fatale. Unless you're a glacier deck, you just won't have all the resources to fend against all the central servers and remotes she can pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Migdolas wrote:
The biggest problem I see is Crisium Grid for Eater.

Wraparound -> Host Knight
Swordsman -> Femme Fatale 2c break

Damn Crisium grid would WRECK an eater-only deck. Imagine how helpless they would feel. Unfortunately it doesn't see too much play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Migdolas wrote:
Dread Sovereign wrote:

I would like to see how well you are prepared against launched recursive Account Siphons from Same Old Things, Keyholes and blowing up remotes with Singularity. Got those Scorches in hand? Wanton Destruction them.

Also, Retrieval Run -> Femme Fatale. Unless you're a glacier deck, you just won't have all the resources to fend against all the central servers and remotes she can pressure.

She has all those cards all the time? I guess as corp I always have 3x scorched, 3xpunitive, 3x crusium grid, 3x jackson howard. So it all works out. (I assume we both have infinite credits too)

There are answers to both sides, and quite often she is limited to SoT siphon twice the first time through the deck as she probably is using Levy AR lab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Did I really expect a kroen thread to have more analysis than a list of questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
IncompleteUserNa wrote:
Did I really expect a kroen thread to have more analysis than a list of questions?

What's worse is that this is really a response to my thread. Literally just asking if what I said is true, but in another thread with no context and extremely click baity.

Vote [X] on this thread because it really didn't need to be created.

This is what you get for copying people Kroen. lol don'treallycare

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Norris
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I think it's the next deck people will complain about, yes

I'm also of the opinion that NEH builds took a big hit with the release of Lady the development of control-based Criminals and the new cadre of Anarch decks so I would rather play NBN with Manhunt or a new variant than NEH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Helms
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Heisenberg wrote:

kroen wrote:

I don't think so. It is a neat trick but it is a lot of work when we can just wipe virus counters.

Are you aware that the ideal trick is to have 3x Chakana on Djinn, a Hivemind on a Progenitor and 2x Virus Breeding Grounds in play? That way, you can activate triple Chakana for 2 credits after a Purge, which means that Corps more or less have to play around it - you can't continously purge as a way to win.
(You can, however, advance your agenda to the amount it should be advanced, then purge + score next turn, which is how you should be playing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Wong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Terrificy wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

kroen wrote:

Are you aware that the ideal trick is to have 3x Chakana on Djinn, a Hivemind on a Progenitor and 2x Virus Breeding Grounds in play? That way, you can activate triple Chakana for 2 credits after a Purge, which means that Corps more or less have to play around it - you can't continously purge as a way to win.
(You can, however, advance your agenda to the amount it should be advanced, then purge + score next turn, which is how you should be playing)

Let me just set that up real quick...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Migdolas wrote:
Dread Sovereign wrote:

She has all those cards all the time? I guess as corp I always have 3x scorched, 3xpunitive, 3x crusium grid, 3x jackson howard. So it all works out. (I assume we both have infinite credits too)

What?

Where did you get the idea that I specifically say that she has all those cards in her hand at the same time and infinite credits?

I named one of the most threatening runs she could make against players - whether they are prepared or not. It's not about how many cards she has in hand and what she could do with all of them - it's about the explosive possibilities she has to pressure the corp heavily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Helms
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Pandonetho wrote:
Terrificy wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

kroen wrote:

Let me just set that up real quick...

I certainly didn't say it was effective =). It's just a spin on the good ol d Noise. It certainly has some neat tricks (Incubator + Hivemind + anything, Hivemind + Parasite in general, etc.), but yes, it is primarily a durdling mill deck that has a pretty neat built-in function for slowing the Corporation down. In any case, you should be able to go back to "mill-two-a-turn", which is not the WORST durdle-plan I've heard of.
Somebody did get second place at a Store Championship with a deck that could easily fall under the archetype; http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/14677/can-o-whupass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Migdolas wrote:

What?

Where did you get the idea that I specifically say that she has all those cards in her hand at the same time and infinite credits?

I named one of the most threatening runs she could make against players - whether they are prepared or not. It's not about how many cards she has in hand and what she could do with all of them - it's about the explosive possibilities she has to pressure the corp heavily.

You mentioned recursive siphon runs, keyholes, retriveal run for femme and singularity. More than just one "run", and yes if they do all of those things all at once and the corp never gets a turn, the corp will lose.

Yes she gets a card a turn, but she also needs money, to do all of those things, and the corp can do things too, such as get many of the counter strategies, such as killing her for being reckless.

Siphon is almost completely useless against the constellation ice. The corp does not need lots of credits to get them to cost 0. Siphon spam doesn't really do as much as it used to.

Keyhole is a lot more potent now with Eater though, but that means more r&d and archive defense (making retrival run less useful)

The cutlery cards are much more annoying than than siphon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Slightly off-topic, but can we not refer to Wormhole/Nebula etc as consteallation ICE? Taurus/Virgo/etc. are constellations, these are like... astronomical penomena? I've been referring to them as Orion-class ICE until I see a better suggestion, but calling them constellations is likely to get confusing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szczeciński
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Slightly off-topic, but can we not refer to Wormhole/Nebula etc as consteallation ICE? Taurus/Virgo/etc. are constellations, these are like... astronomical penomena? I've been referring to them as Orion-class ICE until I see a better suggestion, but calling them constellations is likely to get confusing

Space Ice.
Called it 1st!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Migdolas wrote:

What?

You mentioned recursive siphon runs, keyholes, retriveal run for femme and singularity. More than just one "run", and yes if they do all of those things all at once and the corp never gets a turn, the corp will lose.

(1)Yes she gets a card a turn, but she also needs money, to do all of those things, and the corp can do things too, such as get many of the counter strategies, such as killing her for being reckless.

(2)Siphon is almost completely useless against the constellation ice. The corp does not need lots of credits to get them to cost 0. Siphon spam doesn't really do as much as it used to.

(3)Keyhole is a lot more potent now with Eater though, but that means more r&d and archive defense (making retrival run less useful)

The cutlery cards are much more annoying than than siphon.

(1) That is a very abstract argument. This is like saying against any criminal who plays tag me or some of the notable anarchs, that they could get killed or severely punished. Besides, Anarch just got a huge econ boost with Day Job (at least regarding MaxX)

(2)Yeah, so let's say the corp has all the space ice rezzed, you think it will be able to strive with them laid on the table and just live with 2 - credits per turn? You wouldn't believe how its easy to abuse siphoning a corp who plays with space ice (notably BS and Atlas).

(3) Can't argue much here. Heavily depends on what type of corp I am playing against / how much can it allow itself to dedicate all those resources protecting archives. Typically, 1 or 2 retrieval runs is all you need in the whole game. If it's for accessing heavily guarded archives to swipe agendas, then Hades Shard is a good answer.

Can't say much about cutlery cards - they are annoying indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
iloveMRT wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Space Ice.
Called it 1st!

"SpIce"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Migdolas wrote:

(2)Yeah, so let's say the corp has all the space ice rezzed, you think it will be able to strive with them laid on the table and just live with 2 - credits per turn? You wouldn't believe how its easy to abuse siphoning a corp who plays with space ice (notably BS and Atlas).

Well if you can't into my remote to access, I can slow advance with no credits, siphon doesn't help because I can gain 1, then advance. Also trick of light is great for scoring with low credits after rezzing the space ice.

I consider it a win if the runner is siphoning my 2 credits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Galbraith
Canada
Lower Sackville
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

I've always called Taurus/Virgo etc Zodiac ice. Reddit seems to call the new O&C ones Cosmic ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Migdolas wrote:

Well if you can't into my remote to access, I can slow advance with no credits, siphon doesn't help because I can gain 1, then advance. Also trick of light is great for scoring with low credits after rezzing the space ice.

I consider it a win if the runner is siphoning my 2 credits.

And those agendas are slowly piling up in your hand, when you're broke. The only likely scenario I am looking at here, is if you only have trick of light + 3 cost agenda in hand and 2 credits at the beginning of a turn.

I get the feeling that we are now talking about Atlas Transnational here, in which case, siphoning 2 credits is worth it - it rarely plays with more than 5-7 credits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

I have also never heard anyone call ToL in NEH "Astrolight" aside from Kroen in this thread. Is there a precedent for this? I have seen it as Moonshine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
CommissarFeesh wrote:

Giant space penises! Called it first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.