Subject: Direct Fire Table and Bombardment Table: the Logic? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or do the Direct Fire and Bombardment table seem to not make sense? I mean, you've got modifiers for certain situations that are either positive or negative depending on whether they help the defender or the attacker but when you roll and get to the results on the tables it just doesn't follow. You can make a roll applying negative mods and the actual result would be better fo the defender without the mods. That really doesn't seem to have any logic to it. I'm thinking of making a new set of charts that make sense to me. Comments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Smith
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mods you're speaking of are not to the die roll but a column shift left(-) or right(+) depending on the circumstances. Some bonuses are applied to the FP of the attack (such as from some officers) and thus still affect the column you roll on.

The tables use the probability curve generated by 2d6, with the least likley results (2, 12) causing the most extreme effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Haskell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right. Column shifts not dice roll modifiers. That does make more sense. I'm just used to making dm mods and not shifting columns. And I just re-read the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.