Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news of a DoA Cyberboard gamebox being developed? This game would work very well with CB, if you could get all the card/characters made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not had a chance to try it yet, but the cyberboard files are posted here at the 'Geek. (files section of the DOA main page).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had forgotten that one but someone had said (in another thread) that there was a version 6 of the CB box coming soon and I was mainly looking for information on it. The version 5 has the "popups" over the cards, ect. I'm not sure what v.6.0 will have added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there from downunder! v6 of the gamebox is alive and well but I haven't had time to update the gamebox guide. Consequently I haven't posted the updated gamebox files here. v6 is pretty much the final vesion and includes:

1 - All the game platters from all ages.
2 - All equipment/adventure/character cards from DOA Sets 1 to 7, MA, and the prestige/scrye packs.
3 - Fallen Skies characters for testing.

The biggest change 'mechanism' wise is that the playing area has been enlarged significantly and instead of fixed areas for placing adventure cards, discards etc I've included some additional tiles to be placed on the board as placeholders (it makes more sense when you're using it).

I'll submit the updated files to BGG this weekend - it took a little over a month for v4 to make it onto the site from when I submitted them.

If you want the files in the meantime, drop me a line and I can send them through.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
I've snuck a peek at v6 of Wade's DoA Cyberboard, and it's great.

Here's hoping it gets approved and online quickly.

Wade deserves a big thanks (and another from me) for all his work on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks, I finally finished the update and have submitted the revised files for posting. If they haven't appeared in the next few weeks drop me a line if you want me to e-mail the files direct!

Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade, has it been updated since 10/24, your last post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the version I spoke of on 24 Oct is the same one I've posted to BGG. The extra stuff I did was to update the guide and generate a demo game and move file. If you've already grabbed v6 from elsewhere then you wont need to download it from here.

Fot those that do use it, please let me know if you spot any errors, omissions, spelling mistakes etc. I've got a small list of things that need to be fixed thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Duel of Ages - Cyberboard? (equipment cards)
First let me thank you for all the work you've done with this. I've been following the threads both on the DoA site, as well as here. The gamebox you've made will actually let me play the game I bought (my main source of players haven't been willing to try the game yet). I've got the v4 gamebox from BGG here, and I can't wait for v6.

So I just sent out the first turn. I was wondering though. For the equipment cards, especially the non weapon ones. It's difficult (impossible) to read the text. If we don't have the cards immediately available, what is your suggesting on how we find out what the special effects of the cards are? Maybe I'm missing something, I was expecting pop up text like with the character cards.

Am I missing something or is that one of the things that will be available with v6. I read through your posts about the updates that you're making, but I don't remember those specifically. I may have missed them.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for v6!! :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gamebox provides popup text boxes for all the equipment and character cards. They should turn up when you hover the cursor over them. I recall one guy in the DOA forum (www.duelofages.com) had a similar issue - not sure how he resolved it (if he did).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
v6 is up now on BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade,
I haven't downloaded V6 yet, but thanks in advance for all your hard work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greycloak
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
V6 is doing just that for me now. I don't know what was wrong before. Probably user error

v6 looks great by the way, I can't wait to dig into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Evans
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, thanks for the positive feedback re v6! In the name of tech support, I've got an update to it that requires you to use the Cyberboard Design tool. The 'patch' will step you through updating the text on a couple of cards, correctly setting some of the card visibility defaults, and updating the 'RIP' graphic so you can leave the marker on the board when you waste those enemy characters.

Applying the patch doesn't affect any v6 games in progress and doesn't affect compatibility with anybody who hasn't patched their v6.

Drop me a line with your e-mail address if you want me to send it on.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.