Subject: Stripping Equipment for Parts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you still strip an item purchased at the auction house for parts to remove wear cubes if you have the hardship which says that whatever equipment you buy comes will wear cubes on it equal to its durability? Thematically it would seem you cannot since the item is already fully worn out and would have nothing useful to provide, however, this added side-effect of this hardship does not seem to be part of the original intent of this hardship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any thoughts on this? I plan to play this game again and would like a ruling soon.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
Can you still strip an item purchased at the auction house for parts to remove wear cubes if you have the hardship which says that whatever equipment you buy comes will wear cubes on it equal to its durability? Thematically it would seem you cannot since the item is already fully worn out and would have nothing useful to provide, however, this added side-effect of this hardship does not seem to be part of the original intent of this hardship.

You definitely need to contact Crash Games to get a ruling on this one.

I'm probably completely wrong but I think you would be able to strip it personally. The hardship card is "Bought a Lemon." Even in buying a Lemon it doesn't mean that all the parts are bad, only some, so I would think you could still strip some parts from it and get what you need. In the Gaining Wear section it does talk about how Pay Dirt on Equipment full of wear can still be moved since the equipment is not fully broken.

If you're playing to be more difficult don't allow it, if you're playing a nicer game allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm no official, but I would absolutely say you can strip it for parts. Thematically, you're buying a piece of junk; why would you do that? To either fix it up or strip it for parts...both options are available to you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.