Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to pre-order the game, but I want to see the rules or some components. I think Columbia Games site doesn't have anything like that. Do I have any chance, or I simply must wait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is still in a pretty early design stage. You can find some of Jerry Taylor's notes on the Columbia Games forums, but AFAIK that is all that has been released so far (apart from the map and cover designs, which may still change).

I preordered the game solely on my good experiences with "Hammer of the Scots" and the reputation of "Crusader Rex", which I consider buying. Have you looked at these games to see whether you like their style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gotthard Heinrici (prev. Graf Strachwitz)
Germany
Düsseldorf
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you know Hammer & Crusader Rex and read the the background notes about WotR on the columbia site it gives you an idea of what to expect

For me reading this was enough:

The game system employed in Wars of the Roses takes off where the award-winning Hammer of the Scots left off by greatly enriching the card deck. "Holding your political cards close to your vest" has never meant more. With them, players can now launch or uncover political conspiracies, bring Scotland into the war, hire mercenaries for their cause, go into exile abroad, employ spies to reveal enemy plans, force neutral nobles off the fence, call up the standing army at Calais, mobilize the powerful Northern or Welsh March, lay-low the heads of powerful families, or even marshal the fickle winds of fate to undo the best laid plans of the enemy.

So this info combined with my experience with HOTS and CR I am convinced this is for me 'a must have'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NICK KOUKOS
Greece
HERAKLION ,CRETE
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I like HotS though I don't own it. Maybe I start purchasing HotS and in the meanwhile I wait for WotR news...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i suggest reading the design notes, they're very well-written and illustrate (at least in development form) the differences between it and hammer.

it sounds like the core system remains, but that the cards will easily distinguish it from its roots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.