Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting into this game only now ... sorry for a probably stupid question, just wanna make sure.

"For every accepted contract, players must place
the Contract Card, with the corresponding goods
on top of it, next to one of his ships (that is not
already at sea) with enough cargo space to carry
the goods (see “Ships” on page 10)."

These goods must come from their own player board, right? And goods of fulfilled contracts are returned to the general supply - cannot find any mention of that in the rules.

I'm a bit puzzled by

"The only limit to the number of contracts that can
be accepted in this phase is the number of cargo
spaces on the ships a player owns."

I'd say that the number of goods a player has available is a limit as well ... (unless they are taken from the general supply, but that doesn't make sense really, does it?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Savin
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only supplies from what you produce, when someone create game and make rules for it he have bad habit to assume that people will use logic and for that matter no need to write stupid thing like "when you put cargo on ships you may use your but not at any cost use general supplies because it is not yours it is form of bank and you can use bank only to get supplies that you produce".....
Hope I helps you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for fast answer! So I used my logic right , problem is that games are not always logical and, being games, mustn't be ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
... and now even found the hint in the rules, page 13:

Production Buildings
These red-bordered buildings
are a key resource in the game
because they determine the
number of contracts a player
draws in a round and they also produce goods
that are used to fulfill those contracts or that can
be sold at the city market.

Well hidden ... there it is!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Savin
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In principle every good game is pure mathematic and logic, I'm not so good in mathematics but yes in logic so if you understand mechanic of game very often you know rules even you are not read them entire not included abstract shit games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:

"For every accepted contract, players must place
the Contract Card, with the corresponding goods
on top of it, next to one of his ships (that is not
already at sea) with enough cargo space to carry
the goods (see “Ships” on page 10)."

These goods must come from their own player board, right? And goods of fulfilled contracts are returned to the general supply - cannot find any mention of that in the rules.

This is true.When the ship reaches harbour the goods go back to the general supply!This happens after one or two rounds - depends of the cargo and the ship.
These goods can come from your 1. production buildings 2.market

lucyfer wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled by

I'd say that the number of goods a player has available is a limit as well ... (unless they are taken from the general supply, but that doesn't make sense really, does it?)

You cannot keep more contracts than the ones you put on ships. - except if you have bought some trading post tokens.you can use them to keep a contract for next round - or more if you have several trading posts.
The contracts you draw depends on :
1.how many production buildings you own
2.if you occupy the magister officorium public office(so that you play first) +3contracts
3.if you own any trading posts - you can draw one contract for every trading post you occupy except if you have already used them to store contracts from previous rounds

hope ive helped a little bit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pigasos15 wrote:
lucyfer wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled by

You cannot keep more contracts than the ones you put on ships. - except if you have bought some trading post tokens.you can use them to keep a contract for next round - or more if you have several trading posts.
2.if you occupy the magister officorium public office(so that you play first) +3contracts
3.if you own any trading posts - you can draw one contract for every trading post you occupy except if you have already used them to store contracts from previous rounds

4. There is also one City wall that allows you to draw an extra contract
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pigasos15 pigasos15
Greece
Oropos
ΑΤΤΙΚΙ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abredon wrote:
pigasos15 wrote:
lucyfer wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled by

4. There is also one City wall that allows you to draw an extra contract

That is corret! Ive forgotten this one!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.