1 , 2  Next »   | 

Khronos» Forums » General

Subject: wooden cubes exchange rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Editions du Matagot
France
flag msg tools
This small message is addressed exclusively to all those which could acquire Khronos in Essen.
First of all thank you and I hope that you take pleasure to play this game of which we are very proud.

As you could note it, the wooden cubes are lower than standards qualities in Germany and, more serious, some have unacceptable deformations. That is not a real problem to play (In addition each player has 25 cubes, whereas 20 would be sufficient), but is to be regretted for a game which we want top-of-the-range.

Having received boxes one day before the ESSEN convention, we could not react. We are ordering pieces of wood of high quality, but we do not have yet the deadlines (6 or 8 weeks?) because the most important manufacturing in Germany have mad a bankruptcy, which creates shortage in many editors, in particular at a very charged period (before Christmas).

As soon as we receive our stock it is possible, for those which have already the game, to replace their cubes for free. For the others, the problem does not arise, the conditioning is blocked until reception of the final cubes.

You can however contact us as of now: sav@matagot.com

Regards,
Hicham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
That is once again a good example of excellent customer service. Thank you for your continued efforts to make the customer happy---now all I have to do is figure out how to play effectively .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United Kingdom
Ventnor
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the middle of a 2-player game right now (my girlfriend is just tending to the baby) and this game is amazing. The possibilities are just driving us both nuts, and we haven't got a clue if we're playing anywhere near optimally - the time ripples have tripped us up more than once!

We had both noticed the poor quality of the cubes, and agree that this is absolutely fantastic news. I'm very very pleased to hear I will be able to replace these parts.

Congratulations on a wonderful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Slightly off-topic: please leave your comments on the 2P-game in the thread I've opened on the topic. I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we send an email now, or should we wait until you announce you have got the new cubes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Editions du Matagot
France
flag msg tools
You can send a email now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Heck
Germany
Mannheim
Kurpfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Hicham,

thanks for the info.

Which german manufacturer got bankrupt ?

Greetings
Ferendra

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Editions du Matagot
France
flag msg tools
Ferendra wrote:
Which german manufacturer got bankrupt ?

It's Lorenz. So that concern a lot of editor in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Was my email received, by the way? I sent one the day before yesterday to the 'sav@...'-address, but haven't received a confirmation of any sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhard Ruckriegel
Germany
Fürth
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hicham,

what about customers like me who have the low quality cubes and
they are somehow ok besides the very bad quality soblue and the horrid smell gulp.
Can I get new cubes as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Walczak-Slusarczyk
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody received reply from Matagot? I've sent an e-mail and nobody answered me

What is more, friend told me yesterday that Matagot is going to collect money for the cubes!!! Does anybody know anything about it??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I've sent them an email, and got a response---then again, I wrote in french, so perhaps that makes things easier for 'les gars' . I didn't have to send anything to them (not even stamps): they told me that when they had the new cubes, they would send them to my address, free of charge. So now I'm waiting patiently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uiek wrote:
Has anybody received reply from Matagot? I've sent an e-mail and nobody answered me

What is more, friend told me yesterday that Matagot is going to collect money for the cubes!!! Does anybody know anything about it??

They replied quickly to me. They have my address and have told me the cubes will be sent as soon as they get them.

Maybe you should check the e-mail address and resend?

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so I will write them once again - but in English, because I do not know French, and I do not think they know Polish...

thx a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone received any replacement cubes? I've still got the tatty cubes in the copy I bought at Essen, and haven't heard anything from the publisher in the last 5 weeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet... but then again I'm more concerned about my pre-ordered copy of Die Macher that still hasn't arrived. angry

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Has anyone received any replacement cubes? I've still got the tatty cubes in the copy I bought at Essen, and haven't heard anything from the publisher in the last 5 weeks

Nope, still no cubes. I've mailed them twice on the mail address given, but haven't even had a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I e-mailed them three times with no reply. Then I've asked cymric to talk with them in french, but they didn't send me a single word....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
I'm still waiting myself, and in the meantime have decided to use my voucher for Spielmaterial.de (which I won during Spiel 2006) to order replacement cubes and cylinders myself. I needed to order a number of other things from them anyway.

It is perfectly acceptable to tell the customer to have patience; I think it is not acceptable to not acknowledge email messages from your customers. That's just rude.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Müller
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They didn't reply to me aswell. Twice ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Müller
Germany
Düsseldorf
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Tuesday, January 2nd 2007 the new cubes arrived her at my house in Germany. Thank you very much! To all those who havn't received their new cubes yet, do not despair. I didn't get any email from the publisher at all for the whole duration of the process. The cubes just miraculously appeared on my doorstep.

Thanks,
Olav
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks for letting us know. My cubes were being sent to my UK address so I won't find out if they've arrived until next week.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we have to wait patiently. I hope my cubes will arrive soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Vanderkrieken
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My new cubes arrived last week wednesday (3/01). I did send a mail in November with a request for new cubes and with my home address. I did never recieve a reply and I almost forgot the new cubes until the postman brought me this nice new years gift
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Well, my cubes still haven't arrived. I have kept a sharp eye out for them, but to this date I found no package in my mailbox. I don't really care if they ever do or not: I ordered (and have already received) my own replacement parts from another shop. The smell of the original cubes was preventing me from playing the game at all gulp---that's gotta be a first---so at least I can play now.

My cubes arrived today, wo00t! It appears the mailing is handled in bouts.

The new cubes are a size smaller than the originals: they're now as tall as those of Wallenstein or Mykerinos. Also, one colour is now no longer white, but black. The time travellers are still represented by the same thick cylinders. Nevertheless, I will add these cubes to the spare parts bag as I don't like playing with material this small. But that's just personal preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.