Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi:

I played a demo of a game at GenCon, and I'm trying to remember its name.

The board involved a series of geologic regions (mountains, lakes, forests, etc.) Each player had a series of "explorer" type pieces, and would move on the hexagons on the board in straight lines, and then could leave little "wall" type markers behind. The goal was to encircle regions on the board, and score for the variety of terrain found within. It seemed like an interesting game, and I'd like to learn more about it.

Does it seem familiar to anyone? It was fairly colorful, and I believe it must have been a very recent release, as the booth I demoed the game at was touting it heavily.

Thanks,

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Terra Nova
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Brooks
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Some are born to move the world To live their fantasies But most of us just dream about The things we'd like to be Sadder still to watch it die Than never to have known it For you, the blind who once could see The bell tolls for thee...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Terra Nova.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/20022
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Messersmith
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
With your head held high and your scarlet lies You came down to me from the open skies It's either real or it's a dream There's nothing that is in between
badge
Twilight, I only meant to stay awhile Twilight, I gave you time to steal my mind Away from me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom baby! That's the one. Thanks! I couldn't find it because a) I didn't have the slightest idea what the name was, and b) it doesn't appear to be listed as having the "Area Enclosure" mechanic, which I would think it actually has.

Anyway, thanks!

Hans

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.