Glen Drutz
Canada
flag msg tools
Just found out about this expansion package and very excited, but I only have Avalon (not original Resistance).

Would this expansion pack still work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bent Nikolaisen
Norway
flag msg tools
The argument could probably be made that some of the components could be used. I would still say no, and that mixing it would both be a mess and a waste of money. The main dish in this expansion is still just stuff from Avalon and the Avalon promo. There is additional stuff too, but I haven't played with it all yet.

Since the base games are so affordable I bought both (and this expansion pack) and don't regret it. Be aware of card back colour variance (I sleeve with opaque sleeves).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use opaque sleeves, then you can combine things. If not, then you'd need a base game of resistance.

The reversers would certainly work for Avalon, as would the Rogues (Kickstarter version exclusive I believe)

Trapper module is easy enough to incorporate into Avalon. The pieces don't match up (gun vs shield) but it's the same idea. You'd have to use the Resistance Success/Fail cards. I believe a full set came in the expansion, so you should be fine. At least my set had a bunch, because I don't use all of mine, just barely half. Kinda loses the Avalon theme, but you couldn't have people knowing what the person who got the non-Avalon cards played into the quest.

Beyond that, two to four of the modules you have. Commander is Avalon. Sergeant is Lady of the Lake. Defectors are the Lancelot promos. Inquisitor is the Excalibur promo.

Chief module is really a new game in and of itself, and that's cool. If your group likes Avalon, I think they'll enjoy the intrigue of Chief. I was a big Avalon player. I playtested for the Chief module, and now I go back and forth between the two. Both are good modes of playing.

So the short answer, it can work with Avalon, provided you have opaque sleeves. It might just be easier to get a base set of Resistance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually two expansions. I think if you buy both you'd have enough stuff to play without using any of the role or pass/fail cards from Avalon. You'd still need to voting, team markers, boards etc.

The Resistance: Hidden Agenda
Assassin Module - Avalon roles re-themed (Commander = Merlin)
Defector Module - Lancelot promo for Avalon re-themed
Trapper Module - New, but you could play this with Avalon components at some player counts (you need one more gun/shield than the number of maximum mission size)

This expansion doesn't seem like it would be that good value if you already have Avalon

The Resistance: Hostile Intent
Hunter Module - new module where each size has a Chief who the other side must kill
Reverser Module - new module with two extra characters (one for each side) who can play a reverse (rather than pass/fail) to reverse the result of a mission.
Inquisitor Module - Lady of the Lake from Avalon

The Resistance: Rogue Agent and Sergeant Modules

This is only contained in the Kickstarter edition.

Rouge module - two new roles who can win on their own
Sergeant module - Excalibur promo for Avalon

(I've only played Assassin Module & Trapper Module so far - both are enjoyable)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.