7 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ketty Jay? Retribution Falls? Anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chris Wooding's series, starting with RETRIBUTION FALLS, has shown up a few times in "things to scratch the Firefly itch." I'm about halfway through the first book and although it's not QUITE there with respect to either quality or tone, it's definitely in the neighborhood.

Anyone else give it a read? Thoughts?

When I finish the book, I'll likely post the crew of the Ketty Jay so I'm wondering if I'm just doing it for myself. Also, interested -- if anyone has read -- in suggestions for images or casting choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Prebble
United Kingdom
Herne Bay
Coastal Leisure Town
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not read any of these myself but thanks for the heads-up, i'll be checking these out soon now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't expect 100% Firefly... but these guys feel like they could hang out with our crew.

I think one especially negative review described it as 60% Firefly, 20% misogyny, and 20% bad exposition.

It's definitely more "masculine" than a lot of Joss's stuff (the crew is sort of a dysfunctional band of brothers with a token female thrown in). But the dysfunction will probably be of the stripe you're looking for. We've got Nobleman with a Tragic Secret, Silent Super-Competent Right Hand Man, Crude Warrior (but younger and much less experienced than Jayne), Friendly but Drunken Doctor, Woman on the Run with a Secret Past... Pull up a chair. You'll feel right at home. Especially when the crew has a meeting to discuss their Next Big Plan at the dining room table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Games Afoot
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just requested it from the library. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hope you enjoy! Looks like there are four books total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Z
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ordered it from the library last week!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And now that other folk are getting the book, the pressure is on for me to finish it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.