36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: BGG Con and stuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I know there is discussion on mdp's 'Four Ideas' thread, http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/101596/, but I figured I would start another for coordination of meeting etc.

These are my travel times, and I'm happy to meet up with any of you ww guys whenever.

Arrive DFW on Wed at 18:40
Stay Wed in hotel near DFW called Super8 (Adam's Mark was full Wed by the time I booked).
Move on Thur to Adam's Mark. Sharing room with RoyalFlush Thur-Sat nights inclusive.
Depart DFW on Sun at 18:50

Contact - I have no idea if my cellphone will work transatlantic, but I think it will (have to check with phone company) but if anyone wants to call and use up a LOT of money in order to coordinate, my number is +44 7761 574058. However, I'll have a laptop with me and should be able to check PMs/skype at the hotel.

I suggest people who are happy to share this sort of info all contribute on this central list to facilitate coordination. But maybe it's different for me because I've never met ANY of you people face-to-face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't met anyone that's going either. Fortunately though, I look exactly like my avatar.

I arrive around 11am on Thursday the 9th at DFW. I'm rooming with jmilum and mdp4828, both of which will be hard to pronounce in person. We're in the Westin.

I'd prefer not to list my cell phone on here, but if anyone wants it for con contact purposes, PM me. This is assuming you want to call me to hear me swear in capital letters in person.

(Interested parties can click through to my myspace account via my BGG profile for non-masked pictures of me. I look like that, but cooler.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:
I haven't met anyone that's going either. Fortunately though, I look exactly like my avatar.

Haven't you?

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Luthien and I should be arriving around 6:00 wed. I'd imagine we will head right for that little pre-con after checking in and getting settled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be at the con all day Friday and Saturday... I might even want to find someone's floor to crash on for a small fee Friday night, as I hear WW sessions can last late into the night. I'm local, but still about an hour drive to downtown Dallas.

I have commitments Thursday evening, or else I would be there that evening as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Haven't you?

I meant the Werewolf peeps. You only played...er, well, enough to qualify. Ahem.

Hey, we can play (Set Fire to) Blue Moon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a bad man, Greg.
Just want to get that out there before I get prejudiced by actually meeting you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hope you won't be disappointed by the "Super8". They are not the best hotel on the block.

I suspect you are just going to crash to get your days/nights inline on Wednesday night. If you aren't, I'm quite certain there will be people playing games at the hotel that night. If you haven't put down a non-refundable room already, you might consider going somewhere else in the downtown area or along the train line that leads right to the convention site.

If you are interested in options, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, don't expect the Super 8 to have internet access. I'd say that is probably 25% chance at most.

Your cellular *might* work...depends on what technology it is and what mhz it operates at. If it is one of the main GSM 3 it will roam onto Cingular here in dallas.

There should be pay phones around. The hotel is almost guranteed to have one in the lobby. The airport will have many. The biggest thing to know about American payphones is they allow incoming calls (the number should be printed on the phone) but outgoing calls will cost you $0.35 minimum in coins. Some phones at the airport will accept credit cards, but once you leave the airport, don't expect to see many more of these.

Make sure you have a couple dollars in change and at least $100 in cash...no bills higher that $20s ever as they are highly likely to not be accepted by vendors/gas stations etc. Note the food court in general only accepts cash...there are a few places that take plastic but those are the "only lunctime crowd" types that close at 2pm for the day.

If I were you, I'd get at least 200 USD in 20s and $3 in quarters. I'll give you a weather update later on, but suffice it to say, it will be warmer here than London so you probably need to pack to be comfortable at home in mid-October unless there is a major cold front that comes through (rare this time of year). Expect highs to be 55-65 with lows no lower than 40 unless something radical happens.

edit: temps in degrees Farenheiht

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
hope you won't be disappointed by the "Super8". They are not the best hotel on the block.

Given the price, I'm not surprised. I just picked the cheapest available, so I'll be happy if it's not a total dump and doesn't have too much vermin in the mattresses.

I was thinking I would probably crash, but it depends how much sleep I have caught on the flight. It's a long flight travelling West, so I may be raring to go, and stay up reasonably late. In which case... I would certainly like to link up with people. And thanks for the suggestions about money etc. I doubt it's worth swapping hotels (unless you know that super8 is truly maleficently awful), as I'm not looking to use any facilities except a bed, shower and lockable door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
jaredh wrote:

Given the price, I'm not surprised. I just picked the cheapest available, so I'll be happy if it's not a total dump and doesn't have too much vermin in the mattresses.

I was thinking I would probably crash, but it depends how much sleep I have caught on the flight. It's a long flight travelling West, so I may be raring to go, and stay up reasonably late. In which case... I would certainly like to link up with people. And thanks for the suggestions about money etc. I doubt it's worth swapping hotels (unless you know that super8 is truly maleficently awful), as I'm not looking to use any facilities except a bed, shower and lockable door.

I've never stayed in a super 8...so I can't vouch for their quality or lack thereof. I can tell you they certainly have a reputation for being below average from people I've known that stayed in them.

Where is this Super 8...if I know the street address I can give you a better idea of quality/safety of neighborhood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
agnespoodle wrote:

Yeah, me too.

agnespoodle wrote:
I'm rooming with jmilum and mdp4828, both of which will be hard to pronounce in person.

You can just call me mdp48

agnespoodle wrote:
Interested parties can click through to my myspace account via my BGG profile for non-masked pictures of me.

Ditto except I save the interested party a step by putting my pictures straight into my BGG profile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredh wrote:
Expect highs to be 55-65 with lows no lower than 40 unless something radical happens.

Brrrr...

Chilly.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrive Wednesday in the food court around 7 ready to game!

If anyone wants my cell number... PM me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I wish I could come....

I will be in Dallas for Thanksgiving if anyone wants to wait for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I should be getting there Thursday morning at or near 11:00. Does anybody want to organize a "kick off the con" game? Four or Five of us who will be there can agree on a game and a time (say 12:00 to give us a chance to check in and rub elbows a bit) then meet up to kick this thing off! Anybody interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good to me, mdp

Just to be extremely sad and dorkish (but recognisable), I'll be wearing a t-shirt with my avatar on it. Find/avoid me as you like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
So I should be getting there Thursday morning at or near 11:00. Does anybody want to organize a "kick off the con" game? Four or Five of us who will be there can agree on a game and a time (say 12:00 to give us a chance to check in and rub elbows a bit) then meet up to kick this thing off! Anybody interested?

If it is anything like last year (It pretty much is) they cannot start letting people in until noon. You can get your game on pretty quickly after that.

I'll certainly be there by that time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have come in on Wednesday. I'll know for next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so it doesn't open till 12:00 anybody want to go to lunch in the food court before that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:

yeah, i will be between jobs that week now and could come on wed. but the only flight i could get leaves at 6am on wed. that is way early

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
What Sybot said since we are driving down there and rooming together.

Anyone up for a Game of Thrones with some of the expansion rules?

Let's play some thrones bitches!! (Compliments to CapAp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
arkibet wrote:

yeah, i will be between jobs that week now and could come on wed. but the only flight i could get leaves at 6am on wed. that is way early

I'm on vacation all day Wednesday...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
arkibet wrote:

Damn right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luthien wrote:
What Sybot said since we are driving down there and rooming together.

Anyone up for a Game of Thrones with some of the expansion rules?

Let's play some thrones bitches!! (Compliments to CapAp)

Ooh! ooh! Ahh..

I will be in front of my PC wondering why nobody is on BSW. But I think maybe I should PM to get Terri's cell anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.